PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier/Illuminations/ADR?

tink2006
02-07-2008, 11:12 AM
What time should I make ADR for Le Cellier if we plan on eating and then heading to England to watch Illuminations. The plan would be to watch it from the patio next to Rose & Crown. I am not sure if you have to "stake out your seat" early. Do you have to order something to be allowed a seat in this area. If so, drinks enough?

Thanks

SBETigg
02-07-2008, 11:42 AM
The seating is generally for their beer sales area, known as The Beer Garden, so I think it would be bad form to sit there without ordering something from the stand that supports the seating area. You could also bring in other food and drink to go with it.

We sit in that area for Illuminations. It's our favorite spot. Tables are pretty much gone by seven and we always sip some good Guinness from the Beer Garden stand and bring in fish and chips from the Yorkshire County stand while we sit, so that we aren't just taking up a table for the sake of just sitting there. Drinks would be enough, yes, but you'll have to make ADRs early at Le Cellier and then plan on sitting there for some time. That's why we make that night a quick service meal night and enjoy the area.

tink2006
02-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Oops! I have ADR for 7:20. Sounds like this may be too late. Oh well, if it doesn't work out, we have another night in Epcot. Fish and chips and beer sound like a good plan to me:thumbsup:

SBETigg
02-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Oops! I have ADR for 7:20. Sounds like this may be too late. Oh well, if it doesn't work out, we have another night in Epcot. Fish and chips and beer sound like a good plan to me:thumbsup:

Check in case. You may get lucky. Our son felt sick last time we were there, so we got up to leave at around 8 and made two people just coming in so happy to have our table. Things happen. Best wishes with it!

joanna71985
02-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Just be aware- sometimes the patio is closed due to parties reserving it for Illuminations.