PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans Riverside - laundry

isis_1
02-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Is there somewhere at the Port Orleans Riverside to do your laundry? If not does anyone know what it costs to send it out through their laundry service. We are trying to decide if it's cheaper/easier to bring fewer clothes and have them cleaned or do the laundry ourselves than to pack more bags. We'll be there 7 nights in the summer with teen girls so there will be lots of clothes changing going on. :D

mook3y
02-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Yes there is laundry facilities there. Sorry don't know exactly where as my wife was the one that was kind enough to take care of that for the family. :blush: SHE ROCKS :number1:

AwPhooey
02-07-2008, 10:38 AM
We stayed in building 35 and it was right near laundry facilities, a quiet pool and the West Depot.

It was a great location because it was only a short walk to the main building and when we got off the bus each night, we didn't have to hike through the resort to get to our room.

ncscgirl2005
02-07-2008, 10:43 AM
We decided to take less clothes and used their laundry rooms. Not sure if they have more than one laundry room but the one we used was by the pool so we would hang out in the pool while doing laundry. I can't remember the exact cost but I remember it being a bit expensive. I think it was at least $1.50 for washing (but don't quote me) and I'm not sure by the dryers. The first time we did laundry the coin machine was out of order so DH had to hike over the to the main building to get quarters. Taking less clothes works better for us but we don't have teenagers yet.

AmberB
02-07-2008, 11:10 AM
I did laundry at the POR too. I can't rember the exact cost, but do recall that it seemed a little high to me. Even with small loads I think I had to run the dryer through 2 cycles, so be prepared for that. I think I still had to lay some shorts out in the room to finish drying.

Also, I highly recomend bringing laundry detergent, fabric softner, etc from hom. A collapsable laundry basket would probably be really helpful.

Even thought it was more than I would have liked to have paid for doing laundry I think I would recommend it. We barely made it through the airport with the things we packed, and I'm not sure how we could have carried more.

elizabeth turner
02-07-2008, 11:16 AM
There are laundrey facilities at every quite pool in both sections of the resort. 5-in AB and 1- in MB.We also hung out by the pool while doing laundrey and saw other people doing the same.
It is about $1.50 per load for the washer and I can't remember what it was for the dryer because we had to use two cycles to get the clothes dry. We must have had big loads. We are a family of five so even if we didn't have two teenagers in the mix we do our laundrey to keep it from taking over the room. Hope that helps.:thumbsup:

garymacd
02-07-2008, 11:42 AM
If you have specific likes and dislikes for detergent and fabric softeners, bring your own. The packages they sell are fairly expensive and are all the most highly scented you can get. I personally can't stand smelling like someone's idea of a spring rain or flower bouquet.

#1donaldfan
02-07-2008, 11:55 AM
There are machines for your use....we normally stay in bldg 18 and there is one located there just behind the quiet pool.......thow the clothes in and jump into the pool.....

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-07-2008, 12:09 PM
We find laundry at Disney to be easy!

The laundry rooms are located by the pools, so like most people we wash and swim at the same time, and find that it works actually very well.

We take a pop-up laundry basket, with a zip-lock bag of quarters in the bottom, and some laundry detergent, and when it is full, we slip over and do a load.

Taja
02-07-2008, 04:16 PM
It's $2 per washer load and $2 per 30 minutes of dryer time. You'll need quarters. I usually take a roll with me for tolls and laundry. During my last WDW visit (December, 2007), the TSA thought it looked suspicious in my carry-on and had to inspect it. It was in a side pocket, so no big deal.

There are change machines in the laundry rooms, but sometimes they don't work. It's much easier to have the quarters available in advance. :)