PDA

View Full Version : sept vs oct

wdwfan#1
02-07-2008, 08:37 AM
which would be a better time to go as far as crowds are concerned, sept or oct. i don't really care how hot it is, so weather isn't an issue. i have 3 kids, 2 with autism and it is always better when crowds are low. we've been in sept, but it sounds like there are many people going in sept, but i don't hear much about oct. i know room rates are more in oct, but the difference would be about 150 for the week, and i'm willing to pay more if the crowds are lighter. any thoughts? btw i would have to go after sept 17th.

TBY2225
02-07-2008, 09:20 AM
We have been the past few years in September for the free dining promo. Each year it seems to be busier and busier. Lines were still manageable around 20-30min, but it still seemed crowded to us! Also it was very HOT! I have never been in October, but if it wasn't for the free dining, I think I would go either in October or November!

Strmchsr
02-07-2008, 10:46 AM
As noted above Sept has become more crowded, but it's still better than Oct. With MNSSHP, Food and Wine Festival, and many schools now offering fall breaks in October that month has become quite popular. Sept isn't empty anymore, but it's better than October in terms of crowds. Of course, the reason October is more popular is that there's more cool stuff to see.

MissT
02-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Watch the Florida break times. We went in mid Sept & the rides were walk-on for the most part. We also didn't do any park time over the weekend so maybe that made some difference...oh and the hurricane in the gulf that made a couple days quite wet and unusually cold.

crazeedizneefinatic
02-07-2008, 03:10 PM
We always went in the middle of October until the past few years. It gets quite busy the later into October you get. The past few years we have gone mid to late september and the crowds are way more manageable. We went during free dining and the restaurants were crowded but the parks were manageable, wierd I know, but true. This year we are going Sept 26th - Oct 5th. Hoping for the same outcome, but boy I wish it were cooler.

Tink#64
02-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Hey "crazeedizneefinatic" that's exactly when we're planning to go! :high5:

We've always visited during May & we're unable to this year. I've read so many threads that describe Sept as hot & humid & I'm hoping by the end of Sept. that it may be a little nicer. From what I've read, I'm thinking we should have very manageable crowds during that time, I hope so!
We're also hoping to be able to attend the MNSSHP! :mpumpkin:

If the free dining period is close to the same dates as last year, I believe that should end prior to our arrival, so maybe it won't be too crowded. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this. I actually wish that the free dining was going on the week we plan to visit, that would be great. We can't travel any earlier due to vacation restrictions for DH & waiting for a short school break for DS's.