PDA

View Full Version : POR Advice

magicjasb
02-06-2008, 09:20 PM
We just booked our next trip at POR. We have never stayed there before. When booking I tried to get a AAA rate at a standard room, as the view doesn't really matter. The only thing they had for a AAA discount was water view. I know at some other resorts water view can be very vague. Is it the same at POR? Are the water view rooms in a better location?

dumbo_buddy
02-07-2008, 08:51 AM
most of the water rooms (if you stay in the mansion area) will have a view of the river. very pretty. if you stay in alligator bayou you may have a view of a pool (i think).

DH and I were just there a couple of weeks ago. my advice is when you check in to ask for a top floor (i prefer the mansion area). the top floor is SO much quieter. the bottom or middle floors tend to be a little loud when you have people walking around upstairs.

ncscgirl2005
02-07-2008, 09:00 AM
We stayed in the mansions section. We had a water view room and it would have been very pretty to see the Sassagoula River if only that big tree had not been in the way! But that was not an issue for us. I think it was probably just our room.

#1donaldfan
02-07-2008, 11:59 AM
We've stayed at POR several times and IMHO the water view rooms are not worth the extra cost.......the way we look at it is, we're harldy in the room, so why does the room have to have a great view when we're not there?????

magicjasb
02-07-2008, 04:28 PM
I agree that the water view is not always worth the extra, but when I called there were no standard view rooms with a AAA discount left. The water view, AAA discount, actually came out the same as the standard room with no discount. I am going to keep trying to see if a standard room with AAA opens up.
Thanks for the info.