PDA

View Full Version : OKAY- Just one more question!

#1disneyfan
02-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Does anyone know if they let 2 people share a TS meal? We are not on the DP. We are eating at Nine Dragons, and you get so much food there that my daughter and I would rather share an entree than waste all that food. Anyone know if Disney allows this and if there is a "plate" charge?

Thanks again!!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-06-2008, 11:05 PM
I don't believe there is a plate charge for sharing, but I know that you can share at most locations at WDW.

Especially, if there is a child involved. Usually, it will be free if the child is under 3.

TBY2225
02-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Yes, you can share at all TS places with the exception of course of buffetts or family style. DH and I have done this before as well as DD6 and I have shared as well. Sometimes the servers don't seem to like it. I guess they are worried about their tip, but I see no need to waste food when you get so much! I have never been charged a plate fee, and the order usually comes out already seperated on two plates!

Jared
02-07-2008, 08:46 AM
You absolutely can share an entree. If you're not on the Disney Dining Plan, you can order anything you want with no exceptions.

The portions are big. Take advantage.

#1disneyfan
02-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Thanks! That will really save alot of money and waste. I am not solely doing this for the money aspect, but more that we get so much food. My daughter and I could get an appetizer or dessert plus share an entree and have plenty to eat. Then I won't feel like I need to be rolled out of the restaurant!! This makes me very happy! And as for the server, I would still tip as there were 3 of us if the service is good. The server need not be upset that we want to share.

Thanks again all!!