PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Weeks of Disney and Value Season

pwdebbie
02-06-2008, 02:17 PM
I see that some of the Wonderful Weeks of Disney (when rates and crowds are supposed to be at their lowest according to the Disney website) occur during Value Season. Now, does that mean that during those weeks, rates are supposed to be even lower than the regular Value Season rates?

Also, are the Wonderful Weeks the same weeks every year? Or do they vary from year to year? Nothing is shown for 2009 yet. We are thinking about another trip next year and will want to avoid the crowds (Spring Break, Easter, etc.). October turned out to be much hotter than we anticipated so we want to try late Winter / early Spring the next time.

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007

Taja
02-06-2008, 03:19 PM
I haven't paid much attention to the "Wonderful Weeks," but I do know that the value season shrank quite seriously from 2007 to 2008 for most of the WDW resorts!

If you like usually nice weather and don't mind the possibility of "iffy" weather, the first week of December through mid December is a terrific time to visit WDW. It's more crowded now than it used to be, but it's quite manageable. The parks and resorts are decked out in their holiday finery, which is a nice plus!

The "iffy" weather is due to the unpredictability of the jet stream. If it remains in the upper portion of the US, WDW usually is quite warm and comfortable. But if it dips down south--waaaayyyy down south--it can be quite cold. By my standards, anyway! We had gorgeous weather during our December 7 - 17, 2007 WDW visit, with cold weather just the last two days when the jet stream--you guessed it! Dipped waaaaayyyy south! *LOL*

Other December visits have been mostly warm, with very cool evenings and mornings, with one or two downright nippy days/nights.

Disneyatic
02-06-2008, 03:53 PM
I haven't paid much attention to the "Wonderful Weeks," but I do know that the value season shrank quite seriously from 2007 to 2008 for most of the WDW resorts!

If you like usually nice weather and don't mind the possibility of "iffy" weather, the first week of December through mid December is a terrific time to visit WDW. It's more crowded now than it used to be, but it's quite manageable. The parks and resorts are decked out in their holiday finery, which is a nice plus!

The "iffy" weather is due to the unpredictability of the jet stream. If it remains in the upper portion of the US, WDW usually is quite warm and comfortable. But if it dips down south--waaaayyyy down south--it can be quite cold. By my standards, anyway! We had gorgeous weather during our December 7 - 17, 2007 WDW visit, with cold weather just the last two days when the jet stream--you guessed it! Dipped waaaaayyyy south! *LOL*

Other December visits have been mostly warm, with very cool evenings and mornings, with one or two downright nippy days/nights.

How were the crowds during your stay? We are going Dec 13-20 this year and I am a bit apprehensive about the crowds we are going to encounter.

jwildflower1981
02-06-2008, 04:03 PM
We went to Thw World December 6-15 last year and the crowds were really manageable. There were no really long waits. Everything was 20 minutes or under except Soarin. The weather was beautiful, and the lights and decorations were breathtaking. We've been spoiled by that trip and are planing to go the same time this year. IMHO, early December is the best time to go.:thumbsup:

momof2girls
02-07-2008, 11:38 AM
We went to Thw World December 6-15 last year and the crowds were really manageable. IMHO, early December is the best time to go.:thumbsup:

I am so glad to hear that! We just booked a land/sea cruise for November 30-December 6 and I have been worried that crowds are going to be insane!

Taja
02-07-2008, 04:56 PM
How were the crowds during your stay? We are going Dec 13-20 this year and I am a bit apprehensive about the crowds we are going to encounter.

Looking at the calendar, I think you're timing it well. Crowds probably will begin to increase a day or two before you leave--some people will take their children out of school, and other schools will close at some point during that week.

Just be prepared for anything that Mother Nature throws at you. Think layers! :)