PDA

View Full Version : Question for SouthWest fans...

DisneyorBust
02-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Just like everyone else here on Intercot, our family will be looking for the best (read cheapest) airfare to Orlando/MCO.:D
Normally, SouthWest has the best airfare prices flying out of Pittsburgh.
We are downloading "DING!" and are checking the website. My question is this: when does SouthWest normally post prices for the month of September?
Thanks in advance!

bshaw96
02-06-2008, 02:54 PM
They seem to keep it at 6 months in advance, so should be end of February/beginnng of March. Good luck!

kakn7294
02-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Hey Eric - I would say in the next month or so but be warned, the prices are NOT cheap. It's looking like $760 RT for the 4 of us - and that is a relatively low rate compared to some. Last year, we paid nearly $250 less than this. I hope a great DING fare becomes available otherwise, we're driving.

dolphinmickey9170
02-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Just a few days ago they posted dates through Aug 22nd, so probably in another month or so we should see September.

I am sure hoping for a better rate soon too. We are looking at $600 RT for us. Our flight down dropped 5 dollars yesterday, but I would rather see it drop a whole heap more.

BigRedDad
02-07-2008, 01:02 AM
The first day they released flights for our trip in March was the cheapest they had been. For 3 of us, the tickets were $528 R/t. I waited two weeks and wound up paying $750. I've learned my lesson to book the flights day one, then wait for the discounts.

Rekenna
02-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Did you try AirTran? We were able to get non-stops for an airport close to us (Dayton OH) for $398 round trip for 2 adults. I checked and AirTran does fly out of Pittsburgh (I'm guessing that this is the closest airport for you?) Check it out!:thumbsup:

AirlineGuy07
02-07-2008, 11:32 AM
We are going in May and just booked with Airtran. I found that they were even cheaper than what Southwest was. The airfares out of Pitt I found are alot higher now that US Airways has pulled alot of flights out and now the other airlines have to pay alot more rent space. We only paid $387.00 RT for 3 of us on Airtran but that was out of Wash Dulles.

MissT
02-07-2008, 02:07 PM
On the SWA site, click on Travel Tools. This will give you the date they are selling until & will give updates on future tentative sell dates. I work in a school and our dates are very specific when we can take time off. November 8th, 2007, SWA opened their April 2008 school vacation market & that's the day I bought my tickets. Travel Tools was advertising 11/8 as the April sell date for about a month prior. The price has only gone up since. If you have any flexibility with your time, waiting for a Ding is ok. I would guess SW will be opening their Sept. market anytime now. Currently they are selling until 8/22/08. September is a great time to visit the World. No lines, no crowds...you're just chancing the weather but great deals to be had that time of year.
Enjoy. :mickey: