PDA

View Full Version : Rescheduling?

kissy1970
02-06-2008, 12:53 PM
My family and I are booked for the Poly for 3 nights in Feb. My grandmother is not doing well and I was wondering what the policies are for bereavement. If she passes away and/or the funeral is when we are supposed to be on vacation, will I lose my deposit? Will they let me reschedule? I know the cancellation policy is supposed to be 6 days before arrival but with something like that it wouldn't be much notice. What are we supposed to do? Has anyone had this experience before? Thanks for any answers you can give me.

Kissy

Ariel_Fan
02-06-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm sorry that your grandmother isn't doing well. I'll keep your family in my thoughts/prayers. I don't have a clue about the answer. Hopefully someone will be along shortly that does.

Goofeygal
02-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Sorry that your grandmother isn't doing well. Hope all gets better for you.

Seasonscraps
02-06-2008, 09:00 PM
I am very sorry about your grandmother.

I would check with Disney regarding their policy on this situation or consider getting trip insurance.

TammiMcMan
02-06-2008, 09:05 PM
First of all, my thoughts are with your family. In regards to the Disney portion of your vacation, it's been my experience that they will work with you, provided that you are rescheduling and not cancelling completely. If you do have to cancel, then the only way to avoid the fee is to have purchased a travel insurance policy. Travel insurance is one of those things that seems like a waste of money when you don't need it, but it's invaluable if an emergeny does come up.

IloveDisney71
02-06-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.:(

I actually had something like this happen. My DH had been waiting for a transplant for 5 years. We had a trip scheduled to Disney and he was called to get his transplant 5 or 6 days before our trip (I don't remember exactly - it was a few years ago). I called Disney and they credited the full amount to my credit card. My trip had already been paid for. Then I had to call my credit card company and they sent me a refund check for that amount. You should call Disney and ask them what their policy is. I had also purchased the trip insurance just in case.