PDA

View Full Version : Does it make a lot of difference which deck you are on?

scootch713
02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
I am taking my girls alone,so no veranda....otherwise, does it make a difference which deck you are on??? tks

EmiB
02-06-2008, 11:33 AM
For me, it never really mattered. We've been on Deck 2 and Deck 5 and the rooms we were in were identical.
It's really only a matter of convenience of being close to all the "activity" on the ship.

The only real problem we've ever had was getting a room underneath one of the dance clubs and it was quite loud, so we called Guest Services and they moved us to a room with a verandah-no charge.

Another option is asking for a "hidden porthole room" on deck 5, which means there is a slight obstruction of your view by a lifeboat or equipment, but it costs as much as an inside stateroom.

TammiMcMan
02-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Those who suffer from motion sickness find that a lower deck alleviates some of the symptoms.

Other than that, it's really just a matter of convenience and personal choice. Deck 1 can be a little noisy on port days, due to people getting off and on. There are only 2 stateroom elevators, instead of the 3 available on other decks. The elevators are fairly small and when it gets busy, you can wait a while to get onto one. Being at least on deck 5, you can easily walk and bypass the elevators.

DisneyDudet
02-07-2008, 12:21 AM
I don't think its a matter of deck, its proximity to elevators or stairs. Our room was semi close to the aft stars on deck 2, so it was nice to just go up one flight, then you are on deck 3, near Parrot Cay and Internet. It was quite a walk to Midship and Forward, but not really, just seemed that way, with endless amounts of white doors (some with signs... good thing we had signs!).

We enjoyed deck 2. No real noises. We were below Guest Services or something, so sometimes we would hear rolling of carts, but that stopped at bedtime. You are also one flight up from the gangways, so that was nice. It just seemed like we were close to everything. We really liked being aft, as we just took the steps or elevators to Topsiders and the drinks.

We are on Deck 7 this time. We have staterooms above and below us, which is what we were wanting:less changes of late night noises!

If you have problems with sea sickness, I would get a lower deck (2) and try as close to midship as possible. We were pretty midship, but closest to aft elevators, and we didn't feel much swaying, even on our worst night.

AbeeNormal
02-07-2008, 12:27 AM
We were in cabin 6056 on deck six and we felt movement. It wasn't enough to bother us in any way but we felt it and we were pretty much midship.

I agree that lower floors feel less movement I think that's why most ships have the Dr's office on the lowest level.