PDA

View Full Version : Trip To The World - 1/10-1/20 Part 10

BeccaO
02-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Saturday January 19th, our 9th and last day in the parks. Today we decided to head over to Epcot and do the things we did not get to do and then take the boat over to the Studios and do the same thing there. We would then use the extra hours the MK was open that night to see Spectro Magic and do some of our favorite rides for one last time.

We arrived at Epcot around 10:30 and the weather was not that great. The forecast said it was supposed to get sunny that day and be in the 70's, but it was not happening as of yet. It was drizzling and a bit on the cool side. We first headed to Innoventions and checked some things out here that we missed the previous day. After this we headed over and DD7 and DH did Test Track while I walked around MouseGear with DS1. After this we did Ellens Energy Adventure. They really need to update this story line a little bit with Jamie Curtis and Dr. Nye and Ellen. Jamie Lee Curtis hasn't looked like that in years, she doesn't look bad, but its getting out-dated.

After this we headed over to the living seas to do the nemo ride, I had not been able to do it earlier in the week with the rest of the family because DS1 was sleeping in his stroller, so I just waited outside. I wasn't totally sold on this ride, it's good for the kids, but I think this attraction could be a lot better than what it is now. We then went into Turtle Talk with Crush, I thought this was awesome!! The next time I would like to be near the front, we had seats all the way in the last row, but thats ok, it was a hilarious show!

After we finished at Epcot, we decided to try something different and take the boat over to the Studios. This was a nice ride, seeing all the different resorts and the sites that we normally don't get to see. We are getting some ideas for our next visit, maybe stay somewhere else instead of the GF.

When we arrived at the Studios, the sun came out and it was absolutely gorgeous!!!! It did end up getting to 75-80 degrees that day after all. There were tons of people at this park!!! We did not get to do Indiana Jones because the college cheerleaders were there that day competeing, what a freakin mess that was. Ugh!!!! If we would have known that we would not have gone to that park. All the cheerleading people on top of all the MLK weekend people was starting to get to me. Anyhow, we did the Back-lot tour and then looked for a place to eat lunch, but it was packed everywhere!!!! It was 3:00 and it was madness at every CS location. So, we decided to head back to the GF and grab a bite there.

We got back to the GF and grabbed a bite at Gasparilla Grill and took it back to our room. We turned on the TV and there were some massive storms moving through the central Florida area, tornadoes and high winds and rain. We watched the weather for a while to determine if we would go to the MK or not that night. Around 6:00 the radar indicated that it would be over Orlando very soon, so we nixed the idea of the MK for one last time! :crying: I was so upset I just wanted to go to bed!!!! But it was safer that way, the weather was not looking good.

We then decided to have my Dad come and pick us up and take us back to OKW, where they were staying and we could have dinner with them and my sister and her family. As soon as we walked out of our building at the GF, it began to pour down rain and we had to run!!! We waited out front of the GF while the wind whipped up and it began to rain sideways!!! This was when we saw the rat running around trying to get up over the wall outside the front door of the main building!!! I was not happy!!!:mad:

We went over to Olivia's at OKW and had a small bite to eat, it was very good, but depressing because we knew we would be going home the next day.

Next up..........Recap of the entire trip, good and bad!!! Stay tuned!!! :mickey:

hunnyluvsthemouse
02-06-2008, 11:53 AM
AHH the rats!!! We've seen them at night at the AKL running around by the pool area in the bushes!!! The rats just want to experience some Disney magic too :mickey::mickey:

disneymother
02-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Ibet you would enjoy staying at the Yacht and Beach Club, since you like Epcot and Hollywood Studios. You can walk or take a boat to both from there.
Thanks for your trip report!

RedheadWriter
02-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Oh my rats......cant say I have seen any of those!

DrWorm2008
02-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Whaaaattt?:confused:

BeccaO
02-07-2008, 12:06 PM
AHH the rats!!! We've seen them at night at the AKL running around by the pool area in the bushes!!! The rats just want to experience some Disney magic too :mickey::mickey:

I'm sorry, but seeing a Rat at a nice resort is just such a shock to me, and the one we saw was not at the pool, it was RIGHT in front of the front door, right outside of Park Fare. If a rat is that close to a restaurant, then you can bet your bottom dollar they are probably inside too. Now, I could be wrong, but this just really turned me off. If Disney can afford to everything else that they do, then they should be able to afford a good exterminator or some other means of keeping rats away from the building. To me, there is no excuse for this. There has got to be some other means of keeping these rodents away.

tinkerbell04
02-07-2008, 02:33 PM
The rats would have bothered me as well. I am sure that they are in a lot of very nice places, but I don't really think about it unless I see them. I am sorry that your last night had to be canned, but at least you still had a good day and a nice meal. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
02-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Sorry your last day had to be cut short.

pdrlkr
02-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DizNee143
02-08-2008, 02:19 PM
started out as a good last day..sorry the weather got you guys down at night..and ewww a rat? gross..did you tell anyone about it?

dolphinmickey9170
02-10-2008, 06:28 PM
:mickey:Great report, thanks for sharing.:mickey:

faline
02-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Sounds like those were some storms! Seems like you were destined to have a quiet evening to end your trip!