PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise Safari

pox24
02-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Has anybody gone on the Sunrise Safari from the AKL Concierge? My wife and I are considering it on our May trip.

Goofeygal
02-06-2008, 09:01 AM
We haven't but that is something my DH has always talked about doing, so I would love to hear if it is worth the money.

ThanxForNoticin
02-06-2008, 11:56 AM
We have done the Sunrise Safari twice, and it honestly is one of the best experiences we've had a Disney. Obviously, the cost is a factor (both paying for concierge and then paying for the SS). Cost aside, we love it. The early morning experience on the safari is much different from the regular safari. And the breakfast they include after the safari is amazing. Make sure you don't have a big dinner the night before! If you have the opportunity to do this safari, I would highly recommend it. Have a great time.

pox24
02-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the headsup. I just booked it.:thumbsup:

TooGoofy
02-07-2008, 06:15 AM
We loved our Sunrise Safari! We went last July and we had the best time. Well worth the money.

One of the many highlights was the fact that our "tour guide" was the curator of animals at AKL! He was able to give us all kinds of insight into the animals and how they are cared for. He also had a plethora of funny stories about different animals. They go very slowly and stop ften for you to get good pictures of the animals.

The breakfast afterwards is fabulous! And go hungry, because there is soooo much food. It's a great combination of some African flavors and traditional American favorites. We were stuffed when we left!

KEH113
02-10-2008, 10:28 AM
We absolutely loved the Sunrise Safari, and thought it was definitely worth the money. We weren't so sure at first either, but after our experience we would do it all over again.

The biggest surprise was how wonderful the breakfast was....we weren't expecting much. The food was great and there were tons of it! The highlight of the Safari for us was seeing the Cheetahs. we had never seen them while on the regular ride during the day.

DakotaDisney
02-11-2008, 07:31 PM
The Sunrise Safari is only available to concierge guests right?

Is there any other way for other AKL guests to do it?

Also, does anyone know if there is a safari tour of the savanah at AKL? I thought I heard or read about one somewhere. I know it is not the Sunrise Safari, but something else. If there is, is that only for concierge guests as well?

Thanks!

DizneyRox
02-12-2008, 07:29 AM
I would suggest the Sunset Safari, it's a tour of the AKL savannahs, NOT the AK safari ride. It's GREAT, costly, but fantastic! It too is only open to AKL Concierge level guests.