PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Rooms at WL

junedis
02-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Are there any preferred "standard" rooms at the WL that are considered better located to buses, lobby etc. I know some people have mentioned rooms over Whispering Canyon or the Lobby? I would like to request a room that is centrally located if possible. Thanks--:mickey:

PhilHarHarMagic
02-06-2008, 07:16 AM
It seems like every time we've been there, we've been on the same side of the building - viewing the Contemporary. (It might be north)

It's actually a nice place to be. If you are up high, you can view Wishes fireworks at night.

LibertyTreeGal
02-06-2008, 08:02 AM
You definitely do not want to be over the WCC -- but those aren't "standard" rooms -- they make you pay Woods View for that racket..... :rolleyes:

mjesq
02-09-2008, 12:44 PM
I am about to reveal the perfect room... 6034. It's 6th floor, MK side. Considered standard view but the view is anything but standard! Through a break in the trees you can see the castle perfectly. Not sure if the rooms on either side share this view. We watched the fireworks from the balcony every night.

We liked that it was the first room to the left off the elevator and once you got to the 1st floor, just a short bit to the Roaring Fork and the pool :mickey:

BrerGnat
02-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Room 6046 has a similar view to that posted above. We could watch the Pirate and Princess Party fireworks (an awesome show, by the way) from our BEDS each night!

Some people complain that the standard view rooms on the North Side of the lodge (facing MK) are bad because of the service area beneath. Well, if you're high up enough, and you look OUT instead of DOWN, you get a MK view! How awesome is that when you're paying "standard view" rate???

Ask for a room on the 5th or 6th floor, North Side.

CaptSmee
02-09-2008, 11:13 PM
I would take any room at WL! We struck gold when we had a room right down a hallway across from the gift shop when we stayed there. I don't remeber the room #, but it was steps from the lobby, buses, shopping, ect...awesome...

mjesq
02-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Some people complain that the standard view rooms on the North Side of the lodge (facing MK) are bad because of the service area beneath. Well, if you're high up enough, and you look OUT instead of DOWN, you get a MK view! How awesome is that when you're paying "standard view" rate???

Looking down from our room we only saw a pond and trees :mickey: I didn't even know there was a "service area" there ...

DisneyDudet
02-11-2008, 04:31 AM
Room 6046 has a similar view to that posted above. We could watch the Pirate and Princess Party fireworks (an awesome show, by the way) from our BEDS each night!

Ask for a room on the 5th or 6th floor, North Side.

I believe we were near that room. The Smokehouse was below us, but Wishes could be seen from our beds! The north side on the highest floors are the BEST. WL isn't a huge resort, as we found our way easily. It wasn't like BWI or AKL, which has looooooooooong halls jetting off in every direction.

I love WL. It is my favorite resort!