PDA

View Full Version : pofq

mouselover93
02-05-2008, 11:39 PM
hows french quarter beautiful? how good are rooms? and how are the cast members there? anything helps ( i have until december lol )

Jenemmy
02-06-2008, 07:56 AM
I stayed there for the first time last month and enjoyed it. I thought it had a lot of character and charm. The size made it very cozy and manageable. Loved being able to take the boat to Downtown Disney, no problems with the busses (if you don't mind waiting through 4 POR stops after you are picked up) and ran into really nice cast members.

No complaints about our room either. It was very clean and had enough space for us to spread out a bit. We were in building 3, which I would recommend. We were right next door to the main building and bus stop and had a view of a courtyard. We enjoyed seeing the horse drawn carriages and hearing their clip clop down the cobble streets at night -- I thought that really added to the charm.

The only...ONLY semi negative I can throw out is that the food court is rather small and limited in comparison to other resorts. BUT -- they have beignets!!!! That's gotta make up for somethin'!

CanadianWDWFan
02-06-2008, 08:09 AM
It is still one of our favourite resorts. We like it for the size, it never seems too busy or crowded. Nothing is too far away. The kids like it for the pool. We prefer the New Orleans theme ant the atmoshpere of the resort. IMHO, the food court has more selection than POR and tastier choices. You can use the amenities at POR, which is just a short walk away.

Our rooms were always clean and a typical hotel room size with two double beds. As for the CM's, we never had any trouble with them. Our Building of choice is #5.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-06-2008, 08:42 AM
We love FQ too!

DH loves the theming, the small streets, the colours of the buildings, it really does give a good New Orleans feel. The rooms themselves are regular hotel rooms, the furniture does fit the theme though, and we love the separate sinks from the bathroom, and the curtain that divides the whole bathroom mess from the rest of the room.

DD loves the pool, and has a great time on the slide. The food cort is small, but we've never had it be busy, and there is enough choice for when you need to grab a quick meal.

We love that the resort is small, we stayed in building #4 last time, and I couldn't belive how close we were to everything, it was just perfect!

The CM's have been wonderful to us, we had a great mousekeeper, she was super-friendly and kept the room perfect...and ran into a great CM at the food court who helped DD get over her shyness and start pin-trading.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! :mickey:

lynnrapata
02-07-2008, 06:07 PM
POFQ was wonderful. It was my first trip to the World as an adult and I was pleased that I had picked this resort. I liked how small and cozy it was. Housekeeping was great -- we got a towel animal every night when we got back!! The best one was a GIANT alligator that stretched the width of the bed.....

The pool was never crowded and my son must have gone that serpent slide over 100 times. Employees there were wonderful -- one of the ladies at the store was so sweet to my son and traded pins with him every day. Once day when we came back from being at the parks, my son got off the bus and had a nose bleed. The minute we got into the building, they gave him a place to sit, all the tissues we could every possibly want, an ice pack for the back of his neck -- and a "hope you're feeling better" note left in our room from Mickey Mouse.

Needless to say, our experience there was magical.

Lynn

BostonChic
02-08-2008, 09:18 AM
I would recommend this resort :thumbsup: especially if you have kids.My nephew(then12)loved the pool/slide and the arcade room.Our room was a 5min.walk to the pool.

It is a very pretty resort and the DD boat ride was fun,nice and relaxing:cloud9:

The FQ food court was so,so.
We actually went over to Riverside and had dinner there a few times.

The buses were always on time,never had any problems.Enjoy:)

simpleyred
02-08-2008, 10:27 PM
We just got back from a wonderful 8 day stay 2 days ago. Loved this resort :cloud9:! Stayed in building 5. Close to the food court and bus stops. Room was clean, carpets were just shampooed on the day we checked in. Food court was good, did get crowded later in the morning. DH and I enjoyed walking around the resort almost every night. The boat ride from the resort to Downtown Disney is nice. Runs from 11 am to 11:30 pm. Pool was closed when we were there. A shuttle was running to Riverside if you wanted to swim. Buses stop at FQ first and with the exception of the bus back from DTD, we were the first stop back from the parks too. Only negative , took us over an hour to check in. Have fun planning your trip. Any questions I can help with just ask.
Debbie

MinnieMommie
02-08-2008, 10:40 PM
We stayed at POFQ one time a while ago and found it to be a quite charming resort. DH and I thought the CMs were especially warm and helpful during our stay. The rooms were fine, the food court small (but there are more food choices at Riverside), the pool better for kiddies but the hot tub secluded in a peaceful area. The landscaping was beautiful and you can walk the grounds which we did and thouroughly enjoyed. :mickey:

mgmnut
02-09-2008, 10:19 AM
We stayed at POFQ last trip and really enjoyed it. The small size of the resort I think is a plus, and is one of the reasons we chose it over POR. We spent plenty of time at the pool and that was a highlight for my twins who were 8 at the time. I would definately stay at POFQ again.

ledudes
02-09-2008, 10:55 AM
SO far it is our favorite moderate. I haven't tried them all, but we loved the size, decor, and the buses seemed quick and easy and loved the boat to DD. It's also got begnets!

garymacd
02-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Been there.

Got the refillable mugs and beignets.

Going back in May!

Just booked yesterday.

Not exactly iambic pentameter, but hey!

Have to stop this now, can't think of any thing else to rhyme with -ay

LudwigVonDrake
02-10-2008, 11:57 AM
It's great to hear good things about PORFQ. I'm staying there for the first time in July. Can't wait :mickey:

mudpuppysmom
02-11-2008, 02:30 PM
We stayed there in Sept 06 and we did ask for a building close to the center of the resort, but we didn't get it -- which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We had a car at our disposal, and DH likes to drive everywhere (we are car people, not bus people where we live anyway). We were placed in Bldg 7 on the ground floor. Each night DS fell asleep in the car on the way "home" and DH dropped us off right at our doorstep so all I had to do was scoop DS out of the car and get into the room! No carrying a sleeping kid from the bus stop or a mile to our room either.

REALLY it is a compact resort, which we liked also. Each morning I'd walk to the food court to grab us a little extra something for breakfast and coffee in the mug for DH and if you got there past 7:45 the place was NUTS!! So, it does have a small food court area. The walk itself though was very nice and relaxing. The streets are brick lined and you walk right along and you can pass several courtyard areas, or walk along the backside along the river -- either way, it's not long either route you take.

The rooms had enough room we thought, but is was smaller than what we are used to at SOG. Mousekeeping kept up with our need for clean towels as DH had been in a motorcycle accident four days prior to our vaca and needed to clean his wounds three times per day -- so we used LOT of towels!! Mousekeeping just kept brining us what we asked for each day.

The pool is nice also and has a slide which DS enjoyed as well as the "alligators" they have playing instruments --DS thought that was cool.

DH and I did use the busses one night we went to Party for the Senses (because we were going to be drinking) and I gotta say, it was a slow process!! I didn't like that we had to go the whole way around POR also!! That is the only negative I can think of about POFQ.....we'd stay there again, and DH is a tad picky about where he stays when he goes with us. OK, I am too:D