PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay at YC?

catnmouse
02-05-2008, 10:03 PM
We will be staying at the YC in May and I have read on these boards that this resort is very spread out (some rooms very far from elevators, etc.). Is there a particular building that I should request that is centrally located? We will be traveling with 2 small children and the closer to the main areas would probably best. Also, do all rooms have balconys or just certain views? Thanks!

TammiMcMan
02-06-2008, 09:13 PM
The Yacht Club doesn't consist of buildings, it's all pretty much self contained. No need to ask for a specific building as it's all considered one. That doesn't mean it still isn't spread out though. My suggestion, would be to request maybe 2nd floor, near the main lobby. That's a pretty convenient location and pretty central to everything. Here's a link to the resort map if that helps, http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/beachclub07.JPG (the lobby is through the doors across from the Port Cochere).

Not sure which view you have booked, but I will point out that not all rooms have a balcony. A majority of them do, but there are some that have a small, standing room only balcony and a few rooms don't have a balcony at all. If a full size one is important to you, I'd have that noted on your reservation as a request and ask again at check-in. Just keep in mind that you may have to sacrafice location for a full size balcony, but they do try their best to meet your requests.

bkfree
02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi,
Our favorite room is 3017 at YC.
We also have two kiddos and this is always our requested room.
Reasons:thumbsup:
Large full size balcony
Great view of the lighthouse, marina and lake.
Sitting on the balcony you can see Illuminations and all the lights on the Boradwall at night across the lake.
If you hang a left when you leave your room , walk about 10 steps, hang another left and go down the stairs,(2 flights) and you exit outside at the boardwalk to the right of the marina. From here you have a straight shot to Storm a long Bay, Boardwalk to Epcot or MGM and pick up for the boat ride and Hurricane Hannah's Grill. This was very conveniant for us.

catnmouse
02-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the great info! I think we would prefer to have a full size balcony for DH and I to enjoy after the children have gone to sleep. I am assuming that room 3017 is considered a water view since it faces the marina. It sounds great! We will do our best to get close to this location.

babysdaddy
02-07-2008, 07:38 PM
The Yacht Club doesn't consist of buildings, it's all pretty much self contained. No need to ask for a specific building as it's all considered one. That doesn't mean it still isn't spread out though. My suggestion, would be to request maybe 2nd floor, near the main lobby. That's a pretty convenient location and pretty central to everything. Here's a link to the resort map if that helps, http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/beachclub07.JPG (the lobby is through the doors across from the Port Cochere).

Not sure which view you have booked, but I will point out that not all rooms have a balcony. A majority of them do, but there are some that have a small, standing room only balcony and a few rooms don't have a balcony at all. If a full size one is important to you, I'd have that noted on your reservation as a request and ask again at check-in. Just keep in mind that you may have to sacrafice location for a full size balcony, but they do try their best to meet your requests.

The rooms at the Yacht Club all have full balconys are patios on the first floor. The Beach Club has the standing room only balcony as i remember.