PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Marrakesh please

Cindy'smom
02-05-2008, 06:54 PM
We are trying Marrakesh for the first time in just 17 nights!:woohoo: What can you tell me about this restraunt? I've looked at the menu. How is the food? Is the bellydancer strictly entertainment, or is she interactive with the kids, teaching them, etc? Is it loud? It is typically a lengthy meal, or is the service swift? Thank you in advance for the info!:mickey:

TinkiTime1989
02-05-2008, 07:04 PM
We loved this restaurant! We decided to just walk in one day and were seated immediately. The place was practically empty and it was lunch time! My mom and I had the chef's special of the day and were very pleased with it. It included a combination appetizer of Beef Brewat Rolls, Chicken Bastilla and Jasmina’s Salad which was very good. The Lemon Chicken was our main course and it was very good as well. It was topped off with the Crepes Atlas, minus the almonds which I am allergic to. My dad had the Chicken Couscous which he also enjoyed. The bellydancer was very entertaining and brought several kids up to dance with her. Service was good and the restaurant was peaceful. The music wasn't too loud so we were able to enjoy our meal. Hope this helps. :mickey:

Strmchsr
02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
This was a very pleasant surprise to us. I went grudgingly at DW's request and really enjoyed it. I had the lamb, which was fantastic, and she has the beef-ka-bob was was equally as good. The entertainment (music and belly dancing) was a lot of fun. My only knock would be that it feels very cramped. Not much space between tables so it can feel loud and crowded sometimes.

The meal can be pretty lengthy. It's not designed to be in and out, but I didn't feel the wait was excessive. The belly dancer and musicians are just entertainment. I didn't see them interact other than smiling and waiving.

TexasPrincessAurora
02-05-2008, 10:52 PM
One of my favorite restaurants on property. Love it! The food is wonderful...very unique and flavorful. The service has always been really good...while it is not a quick place to eat it is faster than some TS restaurants. The entertainment is fun. Really the only time the restaurant is loud is when the musicians are playing.

Jared
02-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I absolutely adore Middle Eastern cuisine, so I was especially excited to try Restaurant Marrakesh a few years ago. The food was quite good, but I probably would not return.

My family was sitting near a huge party celebrating a wedding, and they were making too much noise to enjoy the meal. The entertainment and music are loud enough. Couple the inherent volume with 20 people yelling across a gigantic table, and we actually had a pretty lousy experience.

I don't deny, however, the quality of the food. If you're interested in something a little more exotic than you'll find at most Epcot restaurants, Restaurant Marrakesh is a worthwhile choice.

:tasty:

Crow
02-06-2008, 07:37 AM
was 1 of my best meals last trip. even over Coral Reef.
the waiter suggested a less expensive dish as more representative of the cooking & it was great.
the bellydancer was nice & she interacted w some children.
wasnt too busy the only bad was an unruly child at next table, but the Dad apologized.
enjoy it

vamaggie
02-06-2008, 08:14 AM
We went in Nov. Was looking for a restaurant that would please my mom (no fried, not too spicy, not too fatty etc) We were very happy with the food. Mom had the chicken couscous and it was so flavorful and tasty. We also had the lamb (and I can't remember what else) The appetizers were not the best IMHO but the entrees were very good. The belly dancer was interacting with some little girls when we were seated, teaching them etc. Finished just as we were being seated so DD did not get to join in. (and 2nd time she came out she did not invite kids to join her--my only disappointment in the meal) We went at early dinner time (5:30 I think) and it was not too noisy.

RAIDER
02-06-2008, 08:53 AM
We have eaten there a few times and its probably our favourite . Its a completley different dining experience to anything else in epcot ..The food is great and service has always been top class ..The belly dancer and the music always brings smiles to the dads faces ...

Have fun :thumbsup:

RoosMomKanga
02-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Sorry, it's been awhile, but we won't go back...we had a party of 6 (w/2 kids) and none of us liked it. I think it was mainly the spices...seemed to be the same sweet spice on everything (and we're not picky eaters---I think we're pretty adventurous actually)...sugar/nutmeg? taste on meat just isn't our thing.:sick: It was noisy, the dancing was nice, but she didn't interact much until my DD got up and started dancing on her own. Give it a try though...

Diznee4Me
02-06-2008, 11:34 AM
We have eaten there a few times and its probably our favourite . Its a completley different dining experience to anything else in epcot ..The food is great and service has always been top class ..The belly dancer and the music always brings smiles to the dads faces ...

Have fun :thumbsup:

I've wanted to try it but the DW is hesitant. The problem is there would be a smile on my face and not on my wife's.
:laughing:

biodtl
02-06-2008, 03:03 PM
I love it. Everything I have had there has been wonderful. And the dessert bastilla is to die for.

dumbo_buddy
02-06-2008, 03:23 PM
was just there two weeks ago. it was really good.

the only thing that was a little weird was when i asked for vegetables instead of rice and the waitress said, "we don't have any vegetables but we have couscous" so, rather than ask further i said ok give me couscous and what was on top of the couscous? vegetables!!

i chalk that up to english not being her first language.

food was delish. belly dancer was cool too!

DizneeFan13
02-06-2008, 11:48 PM
We ate there for lunch on the 29th of January. It was the one meal that DW and I were really looking forward to. And it was as good as we had hoped.:mickey:

We had an early (12:00) lunch and were among the first parties seated in the restaurant, which is absolutly gorgeous. If you can take the time, look around and just take it all in. Don't be afraid to ask the hostess or servers questions about the decor (tiles, carvings etc...) they all were friendly and knowledgable.

The food was great, we both had the Sultan's Feast which was plenty of food and everything was delicious. The couscous was some of the best I have ever had.

The musicians and belly dancer were great. As soon as she started dancing my 18 month old started dancing in his high chair and the dancer thought it was great. She definintly was "interactive" with the kids.

This was not a quick in-n-out meal, but instead a more relaxed enjoyable experience. I would highly recomend it to everyone:thumbsup: