PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Poll (Part 2)

KAT1811
02-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Here is Part 2 of the Restaurant Poll spin off of the "where would you not eat again" thread. Someone there had suggested a poll thrying to capture the amount of people that dislike a certain restaurant or multiple restaurant. There is the ability to vote for more than one restaurant so if you have more than one you dislike on the list feel free to vote for each of them. I am very interested to see the results.

This poll contains the following restaurants:

San Angel Inn (Mexico)
Teppan Edo (Japan)
Tutto Italia (Italy)
Alfredo's (Italy)
Cinderella's Royal Table
Crystal Palace
Liberty Tree Tavern
Plaza Restaurant
Tony's Town Square
50's Prime Time Cafe

SBETigg
02-05-2008, 07:13 PM
I had to look for part two, but I found it- yay!

The Flying Dutchman
02-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Personally, I will never eat at Crystal Palace again. We found the service to be sub-par and, to be honest, felt a little short-changed when it came to the characters. During our 1.5 hours there, we only had one character come over to our table and this was solely because I actually had to complain to our waiter. Just because we didn't have any kids with us doesn't mean we don't want the same experience!

Polynesian Dweller
02-05-2008, 08:26 PM
No regrets that Alfredo's is gone. Worst service, and consistently worst in its last 5 years, that we experienced anywhere.

Jared
02-05-2008, 11:17 PM
I voted for Cinderella's Royal Table because it's simply too expensive to justify a meal and Tutto Italia because Italian food and Disney don't mix well.

KAT1811
02-05-2008, 11:22 PM
I had to look for part two, but I found it- yay!

If you click on my screen name and then view personal file, then view threads started by me it is a little easier. I learned that trick when it was the "Year of 100 Questions". Oh how I miss those polls!

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-06-2008, 01:51 AM
I wasn't fond of Plaza but I love Tony's and Crystal Palace.

RAIDER
02-06-2008, 04:08 AM
Alfredo's (Italy) ... didnt think it was worth it ive had better

LibertyTreeGal
02-06-2008, 08:14 AM
I voted Liberty Tree -- another one where you have wildly different meals. This used to be my fave, but their menu changes have ruined the experience :pout:

Wells
02-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Whine, whine, whine….
Those of you who complain that your dining experience was not perfect obviously did not dine at WDW prior to about 1995 when it didn’t matter which restaurant you chose, the food was all the same and mostly, not very good, to put it politely. I would go to any one of these restaurants again!

LibertyTreeGal
02-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Whine, whine, whine….
Those of you who complain that your dining experience was not perfect obviously did not dine at WDW prior to about 1995 when it didn’t matter which restaurant you chose, the food was all the same and mostly, not very good, to put it politely. I would go to any one of these restaurants again!

To put it politely? So you are polite to restaurants but not to people giving their opinions? Except that you just insulted pre-1995 restaurants and that is allowed but not giving out opinions on the current ones?

You had to be joking, right? Tell me that was all tongue in cheek. Please.

Wells
02-06-2008, 09:32 AM
So it’s better to invite people to criticize specific restaurants rather than to point out that as a whole, the food is a lot better than it used to be. It’s rare that you do not get at least a passable meal in any Disney restaurant these days. With the sheer number of meals served in any Disney restaurant there are bound to be a few problems, but it has been my experience that the staff will go out of their way to try and make things right. I am not in any way trying to demean anyone’s opinion, I’m just saying that one less than satisfactory meal is not a good reason to never try that restaurant again, or more importantly, advise others to not try it at all. No matter what happens, I will be happy….:)

PirateLover
02-06-2008, 09:34 AM
I voted Crystal Palace, but for dinner. We had a wonderful breakfast experience there, but dinner was way too crowded and hectic. Our server had too many tables and rarely re-filled our drinks or cleared our plates, the characters seemed to be in quite a rush to move past us, and the food was lackluster.

LibertyTreeGal
02-06-2008, 09:40 AM
So it’s better to invite people to criticize specific restaurants rather than to point out that as a whole, the food is a lot better than it used to be. It’s rare that you do not get at least a passable meal in any Disney restaurant these days. With the sheer number of meals served in any Disney restaurant there are bound to be a few problems, but it has been my experience that the staff will go out of their way to try and make things right. I am not in any way trying to demean anyone’s opinion, I’m just saying that one less than satisfactory meal is not a good reason to never try that restaurant again, or more importantly, advise others to not try it at all. No matter what happens, I will be happy….:)

Well, this is my last post on this, but the question was to say "which one will YOU not go to again." It is an opinion, any whining really has to be inferred and assumed. Since most of the posts about dining (including mine) are overwhelmingly positive, it is nice to have one as a critique once in a while. If one restaurant in particular has an overwhelmingly negative response, then that is valuable information for a newbie. Most of us only voted for one or two from each list, leaving a lot of places that will definitely will dine at again. It's all a matter of perspective.

GrmGrninGost
02-07-2008, 06:43 PM
I voted for Crystal Palace. But only for dinner. We have had breakfast there and really enjoyed it! On the other hand, myself and my family didn't care for the dinner. The food was not what we expected and the characters were very short with us. My wife almost had some choice words with Pooh. He came to the table and acted as if he were in such a rush he didn't have time for photos and autographs. I've never seen a character with this attitude before.( With the exception of some of the villians who are staying in role.)

Bethis26fan
02-07-2008, 09:23 PM
I woudn't eat at tonys again to me it was just over priced ragu.

MinnieMommie
02-07-2008, 09:28 PM
I think Cindy's is a bit of a hype. :down:

Mickey91
02-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Crystal Palace for Dinner! Not only was the food subpar, Pooh was a jerk!!

splashtest
02-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Most of these are all my favs....so I'm going with Alfredo's. I found it to be nothing special and over rated.

Disneypixie513
02-08-2008, 12:23 PM
I voted for the San Angel Inn..
I have no interest in going back anytime soon.

laward32
02-08-2008, 04:46 PM
I was not impressed with Tony's at all. I guess my expectations might have been extremely high. I loooove italian food and when we ate at Alfredo's the trip before, it was wonderful!!:mickey: