PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Poll

KAT1811
02-05-2008, 05:06 PM
On the "where would you never dine again" thread someone suggested creating a poll that tracked how many people dislike certain WDW restaurants. I think there are going to have to be at least a few parts to this and therefor are posting multiple polls, each with the ability to vote for multiple restaurants (there is only room for 10 poll options). (I listed the restaurants in alphabetical order and by parks or resorts) Due to the enormous number of WDW eateries I tried to pick the ones most commonly under discussion on the boards. I apologize in advance if I missed anything.

This poll is Part 1 and includes the following restaurants:

Arkershus (Norway)
Biergarten (Germany)
Bistro de Paris (France)
Chefs de France (France)
Coral Reef
Garden Grill
Le Cellier (Canada)
Marrakesh (Morrocco)
Nine Dragons (China)
Rose & Crown (United Kingdom)

DisneyTwirler13!
02-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Oh, darn! I voted for restaurants I liked! :blush:
Oh, well...

adoptionislove
02-05-2008, 05:35 PM
I am so unpopular BUT I liked Coral Reef!

In fact, it was the first restaurant that I made sure I booked for march!:mickey:

SBETigg
02-05-2008, 05:49 PM
I think it might have been easier to model it after Jym (Natazu)'s Top Seven INTERCOT favorites list, making it the Top Seven Least Favorites list and then keeping track of the posted in order instead of actual polls- there are just too many restaurants. That way, people list the ones they will never visit again or do not like, with no limit to number, and you can keep track without having to list every restaurant on your own, just the ones mentioned tallied by number as they come up.

KAT1811
02-05-2008, 05:55 PM
I think it might have been easier to model it after Jym (Natazu)'s Top Seven INTERCOT favorites list, making it the Top Seven Least Favorites list and then keeping track of the posted in order instead of actual polls- there are just too many restaurants.

The hard part of doing it that way is that I would have to keep a running tally of who dislikes what on my own (hoping that my children do not run off with the list) or look back at it when I posted the final results which could be very time consuming. I figured that I would post as many of the restaurants as possible (in this case it took 6 separate polls) and then look back at each of them when the voting seems to have died out and then post a new thread with the top 10 least liked restaurants out of all six polls. Thank you for the suggestion.

SBETigg
02-05-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm just not sure it will provide an accurate representation with having to be broken up in so many sections. I know the other way takes some time and effort. This is fun and I voted. I only voted for one because I wasn't sure what the rules were and I didn't want to vote for places I have had no interest in trying-- but maybe that's another future poll idea.

My vote went to Coral Reef for this round. I have no interest in trying Akershus and I will probably not go back to Biergarten (fun, but not my favorite food).

KAT1811
02-05-2008, 06:30 PM
I wasn't sure what the rules were

The only rules are that it has to be a restaurant(s) that you have tried and will not return to (or at least not return to in the near future, I'm from the never say never school). There is no limit on how many restaurants you can vote for. If you do not like them all then vote for all of them.

Crow
02-05-2008, 06:53 PM
AKershus....and it used to be a favorite! that was when the had the Koldbort & Hot...before they limited the hot entrees...

5fromabove
02-05-2008, 07:54 PM
While the food was delicious, the incredibly poor service (worse I've EVER HAD) left such a terrible taste in my mouth...I'll never go there again. :(

Jared
02-05-2008, 11:23 PM
I voted for Nine Dragons, which is the one restaurant in Walt Disney World I will never try again. I refuse to pay $17.99 for General Tso's chicken. I can get the same dish for $8.95 at New Garden, a local takeout place on the corner that will deliver to my dorm in 15 minutes.

Oh, and I'm probably getting better tasting food, and more of it, at New Garden than Nine Dragons.

KAT1811
02-05-2008, 11:57 PM
I refuse to pay $17.99 for General Tso's chicken. I can get the same dish for $8.95 at New Garden, a local takeout place on the corner that will deliver to my dorm in 15 minutes.

General Tso's is my favorite (that and pan fried dumplings)! I found the dish at Nine Dragons has a funny taste. Then again I am extremely picky about my chinese. I would go back if someone really wanted to but I certainly wouldn't hurry.

DisneyDD2
02-06-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm voting for Akershus. Our waitress and the princesses were very friendly to our DS 6, but I didn't care for my main entree. Maybe breakfast is better.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-06-2008, 01:45 AM
Arkershus - I'm not a picky eater. I will eat almost anywhere but this is one that I found to be terrible. I do have to say that Norway has a fantastic bakery.

RAIDER
02-06-2008, 04:06 AM
Biergarten (Germany) ..Is the one i went to and didnt care for it much :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
02-07-2008, 06:54 PM
No problems for me with any of these! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
02-07-2008, 09:22 PM
I won't go back to garden grill. There just wasn't enough I like to justify the cost. Although I loved chip & dale.

Mickey91
02-07-2008, 11:35 PM
We haven't eaten at all of these but the ones we have, we have liked.:mickey:

splashtest
02-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Toss up between Morrocco and Norway...youck, and double yuck!!!

moe513
02-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Garden grill had horrible food.

Disneypixie513
02-08-2008, 12:15 PM
I voted for Marrakesh..Bad service and so-so food :sick:

We've only eaten at(out of the options) Arkershus(for breakfast), Biergarten, and Le Cellier..But i'd go back to those.

Mom2princesses
02-10-2008, 09:43 PM
I voted for Arkershus but it was for dinner. I will probably return because my little one loves the princesses but this time we will do breakfast