PDA

View Full Version : Are waterparks good for 4yr old?

Not2Loud
02-05-2008, 04:51 PM
We are heading down in March for the annual family trip. Believe it or not, we have never been to the waterparks.

Are they worthwhile to take DD4 to or is better to wait till she is older?

ftwildernesskid
02-05-2008, 05:03 PM
I guess it depends on what you want to get out of your experience at the water park. Our tickets included admission, so we didn't feel like we had to really get the most out of our money. Also, we had plenty of time in the parks. We were at Blizzard Beach with our 4 year old DD in November. She loved the wave pool in the inner tubes, the lazy river, and the kids areas. We started out in the area for the older kids and then went to the area for pre-schoolers. Let me put it this way...she cried when it was time to go. My husband and I took turns riding the slides with our older boys. So if you're ok with possibly having to split up or miss the bigger rides, I'd say go for it. There's plenty for him to do!

SBETigg
02-05-2008, 05:45 PM
I think Blizzard Beach is the better park for little ones, and they do have a lot of things for them. It depends on your children and if they're fond of the water or not.

krorx
02-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Both of my kids were fish so BB was a big hit when they were small. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there. However, I would suggest you (the adults in the party) go into training for climbing all those darned water slide stairs if you plan to split up and ride some of those as well. :) By the end of our day there, we were exhausted but happy.:cloud9:

Donald
02-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Honestly, my kids liked blizzard beach more than the parks!!

thrillme
02-05-2008, 10:09 PM
4 year old + Water Park...Hoorrraayyy.

Both parks have plenty to keep them occupied.

ThanxForNoticin
02-06-2008, 11:50 AM
I agree - if your 4YO enjoys the water, then either of the water parks will be lots of fun. My kids loved the special areas for the children, along with some of the bigger rides (like the lazy river and wave pool).

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-08-2008, 10:52 PM
My nephew was not very brave when he was 3.5 but he loved the kiddie slides at TL. He must have gone up and down them about 100 times. And the best part is that you don't have to keep going up with them, they can go up and come down on their own.

PrincessEmmasMommy
02-09-2008, 03:33 PM
We went in July with DD4 at the time. She isn't an independent swimmer yet, but loves to swim with swimmies. While both water parks were fun, She loved Typhoon Lagoon's kiddie area much more than Blizzard Beach's. The area was much larger and she had a blast there. We also made friends with a photo pass photographer who followed her around the catcha kiddie creek area for like an hour. We got awesome pictures! Enjoy!
Jen

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-15-2008, 06:37 PM
We just got back and my 4 year old son loved TL.Ofcourse he had swimmies on.The wave pool is a little rough but he had no problem in the lazy river.

RoosMomKanga
02-16-2008, 12:05 PM
I think Blizzard Beach is the better park for little ones, and they do have a lot of things for them. It depends on your children and if they're fond of the water or not.

I agree that BB is the better choice for a little one. We set up shop at the kiddie area first thing in the morning and then made some outings from there...wave pool, lazy river, etc. You can take turns on the older rides (ours liked to come and watch us on the big slides as we took turns). She'll love it!:thumbsup: