PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Tree Tavern

Catzle
02-05-2008, 04:25 PM
How is their food? I saw someone mentioned it before they went to the P & P. I am hoping to get tickets if they come out for May and that would be a good idea to eat there.

KAT1811
02-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Many people on here love LLT. I personally do not. When we went the meats were dry and the stuffing and mac & cheese is Stouffers, not to our liking. If I were to do a dinner in the MK I would try Crystal Palace.

There are also a plethora of good restaurants on the monerail line just outside the MK gates. If I had to recommend a few:

'Ohana (Polynesian)
1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian - character dinner)
Concourse Steakhouse (Contemporary)

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-05-2008, 05:40 PM
We are LTT fans in my family, and we're planning to do exactly what you've suggested. I've an ADR at LTT, in planning for a P&P party that night.

We love LTT - we've always had good food, and it is food that everyone likes, nothing fancy, nothing funky, works well for picky me and DD. It is "thanksgiving" type food...pork, turkey, roast beef with veggies, potatoes, salad, etc.

Each time we've been to LTT we've had excellent character interaction, probably the best we've had anywhere.

tadshome
02-05-2008, 06:11 PM
We ate at LTT at P&P Party last year and we did not enjoy the experience. The meat was dry and the mac & cheese did not taste good. If i was to go to P&P Party again i would try to book Crystal palace or Tonys town square

mrp4352
02-05-2008, 06:24 PM
We had a lovely time before Mickey's VMCP last year. But I must admit, I prefer the lunch (non-character) food more. The food was good - I just prefer to pick a meal rather than have a set plate...

laguna
02-05-2008, 08:52 PM
We have been to the Liberty Tree Tavern on our last 2 trips to WDW and are planning to go a 3rd time. We strongly recommend this restaurant to those who want a good old-fashioned meal. It's a great choice with great food!

DisFan01
02-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Well since it's "hosted" by Stouffers, I personally don't like it. It really does taste like Stouffers, which is not really what I want when I go to a resteraunt in Disney. :thumbsup:

Jared
02-05-2008, 09:07 PM
I don't particularly like character meals usually, but Liberty Tree Tavern is definitely an exception. I had dinner there with a large group and October and had a wonderful experience.

The food is delicious, especially the salad and mashed potatoes. Try not to fill up on the rolls and honey butter because they are absolutely addictive and wonderful.

During our meal, four of the five characters visited the table twice, which was lovely. Liberty Tree Tavern is so much quieter and more intimate than the more traditional character meals at Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's, which are too loud and raucous to enjoy dinner.

:tasty:

IloveDisney71
02-05-2008, 09:08 PM
I've eaten there 4 times. The first 3 times were great. The food was wonderful, the service was great, and the characters were a lot of fun. However, when we went in Dec., we were very disappointed! The meat was tough, dry, and cold. The dressing was about the only thing that was good. Everything was cold. The service wasn't the best. Some characters were great, some rushed right past the table.
We will probably skip it during our next visit and try somewhere new.

PirateLover
02-05-2008, 10:59 PM
We are 3 for 3 with great experiences at Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. I much prefer it to Crystal Palace. The servers and characters are more attentive, and the food has been good. If you get something cold, just send it back. I've never had a cold dish.
The declaration salad with strawberry vinaigrette is one of the best salads I've ever had (and I'm no salad fan). The bread and butter is fantastic.
I'm not a stuffing fan but I can't get enough of the mac n cheese...but honestly to me it doesn't taste different that your typical WDW mac n cheese that is found at buffets and the like but as I said I like the taste. Mashed potatoes are fine and the meats are great. My fave is the ham with honey mustard glaze. I would definitely recommend everyone give it a try.

dml
02-05-2008, 11:12 PM
I love the LTT! My family and I have eaten there on our last 3 trips and have had great experiences each time. Everyone has different tastes, so if you haven't tried it out for yourself there is no reason not to.

:mickey::mickey:

disneylovinmom
02-06-2008, 09:05 PM
I thought it was one of the better meals we had while at WDW. Our food was not dry. My only complaint is that it is a lot of starch for one meal. It was good, though.

like2workout
02-07-2008, 09:27 AM
my family and friends and i all love liberty tree! it's one of our favorite places. and if you go at lunch, they have a completely different menu than at dinner. there are no characters then though. but we all love both meals, and the characters make much more fun!

DisneyDoug2
02-07-2008, 10:22 AM
We eat at LTT every time we are at Disney, the food is good and the interaction with the charactors is better then Chef Mickey's.

Bethis26fan
02-07-2008, 10:39 AM
We ate there in Nov and enjoyed it. My cousin & I are both picky about certian things but over all we enjoyed it. The rolls and honey butter are really good.

momof2girls
02-07-2008, 11:17 AM
We ate at LTT before MNSSHP in October and loved it! The character interaction is great and the food was very good. Traditional Thanksgiving type foods. I would definitely recommend it. As a matter of fact, we are planning our next trip and my DD said that we have to eat at LTT again!! :thumbsup:

joanna71985
02-07-2008, 02:54 PM
How is their food? I saw someone mentioned it before they went to the P & P. I am hoping to get tickets if they come out for May and that would be a good idea to eat there.

I absolutely LOVE eating at LTT for dinner. I eat there every trip (sometimes more then once). The food is good, and the characters are so cute in the colonial outfits.

GrmGrninGost
02-07-2008, 06:34 PM
It's not the best food at WDW but it is good! For my family it is the one spot we do not miss! There is just something about the building, the staff, the characters and the food that we love! I highly recommend trying it once and deciding for yourself! :mickey:

Gator
02-08-2008, 05:04 PM
In my opinion, which I highly regard ;), LTT is THE BEST at WDW. It has good charater interaction, good theming, and quite simply the best food on property. After eating all that "fast food" type edibles, sitting down to a Christmas-type meal is great. :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-08-2008, 11:15 PM
We've eaten there 2X and the food was good. Loved the ham! And the character interaction was THE best we've ever had. And being on the Dining Plan we had less than great service at some of the restaurants because they knew this tip was automatically included (last Sept). But not at this restaurant, Michael was very attentive.

Pop Centurion
02-09-2008, 09:09 PM
We've eaten there for the past three Septembers and each time the food and service were excellent. Mind you we don't eat red meat or pork so I can't comment on that but the Turkey was cooked perfectly. As Jared said, beware the rolls, they're very addicting and will easily fill you up leaving no room for desert.

luvdiznee
02-11-2008, 07:28 AM
We've been for lunch and loved their cheesesticks and the sandwich heard from around the world...:cloud9: :mickey: