PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an offsite hotel!

deebee29
02-05-2008, 04:23 PM
We're staying in the Orlando area for a week after our week at Disney, and we need a place to stay. It needs to be no more than $100/night, and safe, clean, and nice. Any suggestions?We will be shopping for the most part, looking forward to some outlet shopping and the florida mall. We may also go to sea world for a day (Is the cost worth it?), and maybe back to Disney for a day or two!

wifey5794
02-05-2008, 05:30 PM
We have always like the Marriott Grande Vista. Depending on when you want to stay there, we have stayed there for less than $100.00 a night. And we like Sea World. I wouldn't go there too many times but we have been a couple of times and enjoy it!

JPooh
02-06-2008, 12:43 PM
I just saw on Travel Zoo that the Nickelodeon Family Suites is having a discount until May 24th. A 1 bedroom suite is $99 Sun- Thurs + $50 wkend and a 2 bedroom suite is $149 Sun-Thurs + $50 wkend.

irish1967
02-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Have you considered one of the WDW Value hotels? I think that is what I would do!

Disney Maniac
02-06-2008, 07:16 PM
What about one of the All Star Vacation homes??

lilmattie13
02-07-2008, 09:11 PM
We are going in May and staying at the Doubletree in downtown disney. It is close enough to go shopping in the downtown area but not on property so we can venture out pretty easy.

The rooms are all suites too which means they are a little bigger, which is good.

Not paying much for the room either. I believe if you are a hilton honors member and have points you can redeem them towards a room as well.

Just a thought :)

JPL
02-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Well whatever you do don't stay the Best Western International Plaza I was just there for a convention and it was the worst hotel experience I have had in 20 years. :sick:

Have you looked into the Radisson Orlando Celebration they are an Intercot Sponsor and I have heard some great things about them
RADDISON ORLANDO (http://orlando.guestselectresorts.com/?pid=INTERCOTG)

adoptionislove
02-07-2008, 10:17 PM
We have stayed at the Sheraton Vistana. It was very nice and really big (2 huge bedrooms and 2 huge baths).

Kidsmom
02-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Don't do the Nick Hotel! Horrible.

We stayed there last summer (after a week at disney....the kids begged!) and everyday someone pooped in the pool. We probably spent 4 hours total over 3 days at the pool area and there were at least 4 times that they needed the clear the pool for "regualar maintance" it what they called it.

They only cleared the pool for 20 minutes - 1 hour...which wasn't consistant with what the front desk said they need to do (clear for 2 hours).

When we complained to the hotel, they said every pool gets poopped in all the time. NEVER seen it at Disney and only once at our club pool in 9 years.

The rooms are also small, no room for luggage and not enough storage for your clothes.

One good point is that they did deliver a birthday cake to our room early in the morning like I requested along with a good knife.

prshell
02-11-2008, 01:33 PM
We just got back Friday and stayed at Fantasyword Resort in Kissimmee. It was a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom condo. They were very nice and I got it for $85 a night. It was right down the street from the outlets and close to everything.

#1donaldfan
02-11-2008, 03:07 PM
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last summer off of 4, just beside DtD.....it was under 100 and the pool was great.....

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Well whatever you do don't stay the Best Western International Plaza I was just there for a convention and it was the worst hotel experience I have had in 20 years. :sick:

I've had problems with Best Western too. I stayed at one in another area that had roaches....we slept in the car....and they didn't want to refund our money.

Crow
02-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Ive stayed at Comfort Inn LBV few trips ago for a good rate. its about a mile from DD.
also Sheraton Safari in that area, but it mayb over $100.
the Disney values may b available for less than $100. also Shades of Green if active or retired military

TFrauts
02-12-2008, 01:23 AM
We found a 5 br/5 bath home at Windsor hills
(1.5 miles from disney) for $129/night for our trip in september!! Windsor hills was #1 on the tripadvisor website...we haven't stayed yet, but it looks great and has glowing reports! If you dont need a 5 br home, there are 2 br condos, and 3 br townhomes! If our home is $129, you can probably get a condo for much cheaper!! just google "windsor hills"!

FirsttimeJan.07
02-12-2008, 01:11 PM
I just got back from the Sheraton Safari on Sunday and we loved it!!! The free Disney transportation was only at scheduled times, which was a bit of a pain, however, I loved the hotel. There are MANY places to eat within an easy 5 minute walk and the pool is so warm!! This is a great place to stay if you have your own transportation or don't mind having to plan around the bus schedule! Our rate was $89 per night .

April

felix18
02-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Comfort Inn on Palm Parkway--been there, done that and will never go back !!
Found it to be dirty, smelly and the carpets were wet. Came back one night and found we had been locked out of our room so they could try to dry the carpet. The hot breakfast was never hot-luke warm at best. There are alot of better places to stay but don't go to Comfort Inn. Good luck!!

mudpuppysmom
02-13-2008, 05:30 PM
A few years ago we stayed at the Fairfield Inn Marriott Village and it was just what we needed.....a room with beds, a hot shower and also a continental breakfast. It is a gated community of three hotels and there is also a food court there. I'm not sure what the rates are now, but when we were there, they had just opened and we paid $45 per night (I KNOW it's not that cheap now, but not sure if it's over $100 either, so check it out!). And, it's right by outlets too......off I4

sloslo
02-15-2008, 08:26 AM
I heard the Buena Vista Suites on 535, only a few miles from WDW is pretty good. A one BR with full breakfast is only around 99 a nite.

Here we go again...
02-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Have you checked the prices of the value resorts at that time? In May the value resorts are pretty low.

I know you are finishing a week at Disney, but if you stay at a value for under $100 a night, you can split the whole trip up.

If you are doing the MYW tickets you have 14 days from the first use. So, you could go to a Disney park for a day or 2 then take a day off shopping or go to Sea World.

That might be a way to help you relax through you Disney vacation too.

Check with Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)and see if they can get you any specials.