PDA

View Full Version : Must Do Meal for a First Timer

TinkiTime1989
02-05-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm taking my friend Katherine with me on my next trip and this will be her first visit to WDW. What would you say is a "must do" meal for a first timer? Just curious.:mickey:

EDIT:
A little background info-- it will be just the two of us. Both are 18 yr. old college students = semi- limited budgets. We love to have fun and deffinately aren't affraid of embarassing each other, in fact, that's what we do best lol.

Tygger7
02-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Tee hee...that depends. Do you want to have some fun and totally embarrass her? Then you HAVE to do Whispering Canyon at WL. Be sure and have her ask for a LARGE glass of water...and ketchup/sugar/etc.

If you're wanting to "wow" her, then consider California Grill, Artist Point, or Kona.

Then there are the character meals, which are a blast too. Heck, do them all ! :party:

lightyearfan
02-05-2008, 03:39 PM
well if you were asking me and dw we would have to give you 2 choices that we feel are the best of WDW. 1 would be Ohana's and the other would be Le Celluir(not spelled right), we seem to always hit these 2 resturants every trip down

enjoy your trip
Victor

Jeff
02-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Chef Mickey's!

Catzle
02-05-2008, 04:43 PM
We like Chef Mickey's for dinner and Ohana's for breakfast and dinner.

CanadianFan
02-05-2008, 04:43 PM
I agree with Jeff -- Chef Mickey's! We were also first timers, ranging in age from 3 to 66, and it was a BLAST!!! We also LOVED the Cape May Cafe for dinner -- nice atmosphere, great food, we'll go there again!

bleukarma
02-05-2008, 04:49 PM
It sounds like you two would be perfect for 50's Prime Time Cafe. It's different then other restaurants, the food is good, and its fun. My 15 year old niece HAS to go there every trip!

elmjimmlm
02-05-2008, 05:09 PM
If you are looking for less $ to pay then Earl of Sandwich(Studios) is good and cheap...Tonys Town Square in MK...Chef Mickeys is not bad on $...50s Prime Time is good and so fun if you like to be fussed at...Sci Fi was good and not very expensive...Hope this helps...:D

goofyfan4466
02-05-2008, 05:28 PM
If you are looking for less $ to pay then Earl of Sandwich(Studios) is good and cheap...Tonys Town Square in MK...Chef Mickeys is not bad on $...50s Prime Time is good and so fun if you like to be fussed at...Sci Fi was good and not very expensive...Hope this helps...:D

I THOUGHT EARL OF SANDWICH IS AT DOWNTOWN DISNEY ! IS THERE ONE NOW AT THE STUDIO'S ? THANKS IN ADVANCE !!

elmjimmlm
02-06-2008, 02:50 PM
I THOUGHT EARL OF SANDWICH IS AT DOWNTOWN DISNEY ! IS THERE ONE NOW AT THE STUDIO'S ? THANKS IN ADVANCE !!

Sorry, you are right...I dont know why I put Studios...It is Downtown Disney...Sorry

May524
02-06-2008, 03:03 PM
50s PTC would be a blast! The best times I had were when I went with friends, it's a great time to just goof off! :thumbsup:

irish1967
02-06-2008, 07:40 PM
I would do Chef Mickeys...

First, because it is the "core" characters - Mickey, Donald, Pluto, Goofy etc.

Second, because it is a buffet, you could plan on a later breakfast ADR and help the budget by eating brunch rather than a separate breakfast and lunch.

Have a great time!

IloveDisney71
02-06-2008, 08:21 PM
A couple of my favorite restaurants were listed by previous posters. We have eaten at Ohanas and LeCellier for each of our past 3 trips.
You might want to check out the restaurant menus. That may help you make your decision.
Have fun!!!:thumbsup:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-06-2008, 10:31 PM
For a character meal I would say Crystal Palace with the Winnie the Pooh characters. The breakfast lasagna is amazing!

Other than that at MK I'd say Tony's Town Square. It is really cute and the staff will make a huge deal out of you being a first time guest. They'll get the entire restaurant to sing to you. Also I really liked the food....we had lunch.

At Epcot I would have to say Coral Reef. The atmosphere is great. I love watching the fish, sharks, turtles and other sea life in the tank. I personally like Biergarten but I think the countries really depend on your personal preference.

There is really nothing at the other parks that I would say is a must do.

O'hana's if you want to go to a resort to eat. It is a must do on every trip. A friend of mine who lives in Orlando had me try it. The food is great and you can watch Wishes from the restaurant!

TBY2225
02-07-2008, 08:53 AM
I agree that Whispering Canyon and 50's Prime Time are both alot of fun. You might also want to try Si-Fi in Disney Studios. I don't care much for the food, but it is a neat experience! My personal favorite is Le Cellier, but it is pricey! I might also recommend Casey's Corner in the MK. I am not a big hot dog eater, but I love the ones at Casey's. It is so nice to sit outside and be able to look right up and see the castle!

brewcrew26
02-07-2008, 04:41 PM
It sounds like you two would be perfect for 50's Prime Time Cafe. It's different then other restaurants, the food is good, and its fun. My 15 year old niece HAS to go there every trip!

I agree. '50s is so much fun for all ages and you can goof around a lot with the waitstaff. I'm 27 and have loved it since I was a teenager. I'm taking my soon-to-be hubbie there for his first time to WDW in a LONG time.

Mikey Piano 23
02-07-2008, 07:25 PM
I love Boma...if you are into different types of food (mostly African) that you may have never tried before go here. It is an buffet and you can eat all you want (Prime rib, seafood, dessert, soups, stews, salads, hummus,) overall just really good food!

Hull-onian
02-08-2008, 03:48 PM
On our first night, we like to go to a resort eatery. That way you don't have to use up a park pass for the first day. (Unless you get there really early.) We love Chef Mickey's and Boma or Jiko. You have so many good choices. It's all good.:thumbsup:

Magic Smiles
02-08-2008, 08:49 PM
I would have to recommend Chef Mickey's for a character breakfast and or 50's Prime Time for dinner. Both were lots of fun and we are not big on TS.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-09-2008, 12:03 AM
My top three places to eat (and I've hit just about all of them) would be:

1 - Liberty Tree Tavern (a late lunch can roll into dinner with characters)
2 - Whispering Canyon
3 - Kona Cafe

The top two are the best for first-timers in my opinion. We went to Whispering Canyon with my parents for their first trip in years and they loved it.

Ask for a toothpick.

LudwigVonDrake
02-10-2008, 06:13 PM
50s Prime Time for the atmosphere :tink:

jpH/keD
02-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Here are my favs:

1. Chef Mickey's- characters
2. Whispering Canyon Cafe- plain ole fun!!!
3. Le Cellier-great food

:thumbsup:Have a great time!!!

BriarRose0708
02-10-2008, 07:00 PM
My first meal at WDW was breakfast at Chef Mickey's and it was great! Character dining is always a fun time and the characters will interact with you no matter what age you are. I agree with Coral Reef as well, though it can be a bit pricey so go for lunch. The atmosphere in there is fantastic! For counter service I'd go with Colombia Harbor House in the MK and Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT. Both have healthier choices than the traditional burgers, chicken strips and fries. Enjoy your trip and happy eating!

Natazu
02-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Restaurants for First TImer College Students on a Semi-Limited Budget who Love to have fun and Definitely aren't Afraid of Embarrassing each other:
7. Chef Mickey's
6. Whispering Canyon Cafe
5. Biergarten
4. Le Cellier
3. 50s Prime Time Cafe
2. Boma
1. 'Ohana

luvdiznee
02-11-2008, 07:14 AM
WCC is always fun and has good food. :mickey:

pamickeys
02-11-2008, 03:24 PM
as 18yr olds, forget all breakfasts save your money for lunches and dinners.for fun go to sci-fi or biergarten.for a nice place try san angel in mexico these are all reasonably priced, and if you have to do a character meal the most fun we had was lunch at the land in epcot