PDA

View Full Version : Give me scoop on Tonga Toast!

baby minnie's mommy
02-05-2008, 01:41 PM
So give me more info on Tonga Toast! I enjoy plain bananas and banana pudding, but am otherwise not really crazy about bananas. After seeing so many recommendations for it on here though, I'm curious about how it tastes! :lei:

dolphinmickey9170
02-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Its a hot cinnamon stuffed french toast with the banana in the middle. It is very hot when it first arrives, be very careful. It is so delicious. Creamy banana, crispy french toast, spicy cinnamon, yummy!! I want some now!!!

Tinkerfreak
02-05-2008, 02:12 PM
I was so excited to try it for the first time on our last trip in oct/nov because I had heard such great things about it here . I did not like it at all. I love bananas and french toast but this was just sooooo sweet I could not eat it. If you love sweet things you will love this. It was too much first thing in the morning. It was more like a dessert to me and maybe I would have enjoyed it more as a dessert.

AbeeNormal
02-05-2008, 02:18 PM
I like banana's but I'm not in love with them. Tonga toast has the perfect amount of banana's and for me it wasn't overwhelming or too sweet, but that's just me. The thing I did love about it was the raspberry sauce for dipping the toast in, my mouth is watering just thinking about it - and yes "I ate the whole thing" and when it comes to your table it looks like a miniature Borg ship - a big square thing covered in cinnamon and sugar. All I can say in Yummy!!!!:)

splashtest
02-05-2008, 02:33 PM
mmmmm...so good.

#1donaldfan
02-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Where do I get this Tonga toast???? If I had to guess it's at AK, Tusker House, am I even close?????????

prprincess
02-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Where do I get this Tonga toast???? If I had to guess it's at AK, Tusker House, am I even close?????????
Kona Cafe at the Poly, and it's delicious!!!

vamaggie
02-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Also available at Captain Cooks at the Poly. Was enough for DS10 and me to share.

baby minnie's mommy
02-05-2008, 04:45 PM
...mmm...raspberry sauce too...it's starting to sound really good! :tasty:

diznee_buzz
02-08-2008, 03:40 PM
I too was let down by the Tonga Toast. I had heard so much about it and tried it this last September. I found the bread to be really hard and once I finally broke into the middle it was just all goo and sweets.

moe513
02-08-2008, 06:37 PM
HORRIBLE,it had a funny taste. I was very disappointed.

Harriet
02-10-2008, 09:29 AM
I love this dish. Since I am diabetic the last time I had it I had the chef not coat it with the sugar coating and it was awsome. So if you don't want all the sugar just ask them not to cover it in the sugar coating.I subsited it with sugar free mable syrup. They have a french toast dish at Concord Steakhouse which is also very good. It was a carmal apple french toast. I just subsited the carmal . Remember you can always ask for a dish without sugar.

Bethanymouse
02-10-2008, 05:57 PM
I, like you, am not a huge banana fan, but after reading these boards last trip I had to have a taste. My fellow intercotees were not wrong. Tonga Toast was delicious. I enjoyed every bite! I give it :thumbsup::thumbsup:! Give it a try!:cloud9:

rj
02-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Is the Tonga Toast from Captain Cook's at the Poly the same as the one from Kona Cafe?

lockedoutlogic
02-10-2008, 07:24 PM
It's incredibly good....

BUT....you have to like bananas, cinnamon and sugar.....alot...

It is laden with it...and there's no way to "sub it out"