PDA

View Full Version : Rain Ponchos

ncrohrs
02-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Where can you purchase these in WDW? Do most resorts sell them? Also how much for child and adult sizes?

Thanks so much!

Nicole
Poly in 6 days!

DCDisney
02-05-2008, 11:40 AM
The ponchos are for sale at nearly every cash register of every store at WDW. A while ago, they stopped having them out on display, they started stashing them at the cash registers. So, at any resort store or any store in the parks, just head over to the cash register to ask about the ponchos. Someone else on Intercot probably knows prices, I can't remember how much I paid for an adult one, it was probably something like $10.

If you want to save money, there are much cheaper ones for sale at the big retail stores, dollar stores, etc. But of course, they won't have that cute Mickey on them !!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-05-2008, 01:15 PM
It's not $10 for adult ponchos, so never fear the amazing Jessica is here!

It's $6 total for a child, $7 for adults, and $10.01 for the umbrellas.

Ask at any of the cash registers for them.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-05-2008, 02:00 PM
These are good quality ponchos too. I had to purchase one a couple of trips back and always pack it when I go. My husband purchased one at Walmart to take in case he needed it (which he did) and it had to be trashed. I love my Disney poncho!

ncrohrs
02-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Thanks! They are predicting a day or so of rain while we are there and I would rather buy them at our resort before we head out! I think we will splurge on the Mickey ponchos, my kids would get a big kick out of them!!! :thumbsup:

MickeyChick
02-05-2008, 06:52 PM
We were there last week and we had rain three of seven days. The rain was very light and never lasted for a very long time. I brought ponchos from home and we never bothered to open them. Aside from just wanting a cute Mickey poncho, I'd advise getting something to eat, shopping or going into a show. When you're done, the rain will be over and you won't be stuck with a wet shower curtain.

Speedy1998
02-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Usually if it starts raining they will put them out next to the cash registars.

My hint though is to go to Academy and buy them for $1 each. The packages are small enough that you can put them in your pocket.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-05-2008, 10:44 PM
We had an afternoon of rain during our last trip (it was one of a number of tropical storms or hurricanes that seem to catch us on our vacations), and the ponchos seemed to appear from nowhere! All of a sudden they were all over the counters in the shops and EVERYONE had one!

We did stay dry though :)

AHOTE
02-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Get your poncho at either your hotel or park. Bought my Dick Tracy Poncho back in 1990 and I have taken it with me every year since. Great quality and a real attention getter, everyone wants to know where they can get one. :mickey::mjump:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-08-2008, 10:55 PM
I have my Disney ponchos but I also prefer to bring my 2/$1 ones. That way I can just toss it at the end of the day and bring a packaged one for the next time. They also come in handy to put over the strollers if needed.