PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mardi Gras

SgtTigger
02-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Happy Mardi Gras everyone...........

While everywhere else in the world it is just Tuesday. Here in the New Orleans area it is Mardi Gras Day.....

We are headed to the parades so Ill try to catch some beads for everyone........

Happy Mardi Gras

:here: throw me something mista :here:

:cop: :tigger:

PirateLover
02-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Well, to be fair, it's not JUST Tuesday everywhere else, it's FAT Tuesday!!! We actually have a lot of celebrations around here... but I think I already had my fat Tuesday on super bowl Sunday so I'm not going to indulge again today. But have fun at Mardi Gras!!!! God bless.

disneydeb
02-05-2008, 12:42 PM
It is Super Tuesday here! Also, Fat Tuesday I think we'll have crepes tonight!:thumbsup:

Enjoy today - whatever Tuesday it is to you!:D

ElenitaB
02-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Throw me something, mistah!
:here: :muscles: :laughing: :joy: :encore:

offwego
02-05-2008, 12:49 PM
We call it Fat Tuesday and while pancakes are traditional here there is also a large "donut" tradition. (It's a polish fruit filled one that I can't spell but sure like to eat!)

disneydeb
02-05-2008, 01:08 PM
:eyes:

:eyes:

ROFL! You are a PPP (perpetual party person)!

:D

Nascfan
02-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Happy Mardi Gras Bret! Hope everyone enjoys Fat Tuesday and doesn't get too...fat. ;)

MaryPoppinsFan
02-05-2008, 03:12 PM
It is officially

Paczki Day 2008

here in Michigan. calorie laden Polish doughnuts that are oh so yummy. I have some custard filled ones sitting on my counter waiting for after dinner. Truely a FAT TUESDAY tradition!!

crazypoohbear
02-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Happy Mardi Gras everyone...........

While everywhere else in the world it is just Tuesday. Here in the New Orleans area it is Mardi Gras Day.....

We are headed to the parades so Ill try to catch some beads for everyone........

Happy Mardi Gras

:here: throw me something mista :here:

HAVE FUN AND KEEP YOUR SHIRT ON!! ;)

SgtTigger
02-05-2008, 07:52 PM

We came home with tons of stuff..... Although I hear that Beth and the girls got a bunch of coconuts at Zulu today......

HAVE FUN AND KEEP YOUR SHIRT ON!! ;)

Oh now you tell me...... Nope family friendly here..... but I did see a power ranger..... well can't talk about that.......

MsMin
02-06-2008, 11:40 AM
I am very weary today so watch out for typos:blush:
We had a great time. Ellen I hear you..... but like the parade yesterday the wind keeps blowing back everything I throw....The guys would throw cups and they would fly back over the top of the float..
We had a great time.. So glad Bret and Sherrie came by and spent Sunday with us ... Boy I thought those parades would never end huh? 5 hours of parades then Bacchus that night.
YES.... we caught a record breaking (our record) 7 coconuts and I caught a cup from LES MILES... he pointed right at me and threw a cup to me and I missed and he threw a second one which I caught! WE went to 12 parades!!! and I have a trunk of beads.... Now what??
Bret, I agree with Sherrie... we should do a Mardi Gras Intercot meet and all ride in the truck parade!!

IloveDisney71
02-06-2008, 09:48 PM
I live across the bay from the birthplace of Mardi Gras.
This past week-end was my first experience with New Orleans Mardi Gras and I have to say that you guys do it BETTER. I went to the Endymion parade and was AMAZED!!!!!!!!!!! I loved the floats and the whole atmosphere of the parade. We were in the mid-city area. I was surprised at how family friendly it was. We all had a great time and for the most part everyone around us "partied" responsibly. I will definitely be returning next year!

:woohoo::joy::clappy::silly::yay::goof::dance::che ers:

SgtTigger
02-06-2008, 10:09 PM
I went to the Endymion parade and was AMAZED!!!!!!!!!!!

I was surprised at how family friendly it was.

We all had a great time and for the most part everyone around us "partied" responsibly. I will definitely be returning next year!

You know this is how most of Mardi Gras is...... Only the French quarter is not family friendly.......
I use to go to Endymion every year and we got there at 9:00 am for a parade that started at 5:00 pm....... Everyone meets and cooks on the neutral ground or has food already made up... But I have gotten over that and now go to the other parades....... I am glad you had a great time and be sure you come down next year.......