PDA

View Full Version : POR Building Recommendation

Cindy'smom
02-05-2008, 08:46 AM
We are heading to POR in 16 more days!!:thumbsup: This resort was not my first choice due to the size. What is the best building to be reasonably close to the main building and first bus stop, and not too far from a pool? Are the mansion buildings across the river a quicker walk across the bridge than some of the other buildings on the same side of the river? What is the best way to make a room request now? Is it still to fax the resort directly? I know that requests are just requests, and there are no guarantees, but it doesn't hurt to ask. We will be arriving around 2:00am, which is another factor for me. I know the kids and DH will not be up for trekking too far while half asleep. Thanks for your help!:mickey:

splashtest
02-05-2008, 10:28 AM
I liked the Alligator Bayou when we stayed there. It was across the bridge if I remember correctly. It was a litte bit of a walk to the main building, but not that bad.

DisneyCrazed580
02-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I just returned for POR on Jan 27th. I had stayed at this resort in October and was hoping for the same building, which was Alligator Bayou #25. Of course, my request wasn't honored. I was assigned to Partere Place (Mansion section) and was, initially, disappointed. As it turned out, this was a much better location - it was short walk across the bridge to the lobby building and the first bus stop. It ended up being the perfect location!!!

#1donaldfan
02-05-2008, 12:48 PM
We like bldg. 18 / 27 and 14......18 and 27 are right beside a quiet pool and about a 30 second walk to the main pool.....from either 18/27 or 14 it's only about a 1 minute walk to the food and about 2 minutes to the busses. I know the #'s seem random, but these I mentioned are essentially beside each other. You will love POR AB, as you can see by my signature.......the food court is very good as well as Boatwrights......if you need more detail info about POR...just PM me.......