PDA

View Full Version : help finding value of silver charms?

mzmaczyn
02-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm helping my parents get their house ready to move, and I'm finding some stuff that I have no idea how to value in case we decide we want to sell it. some of the items are Disney, and I was referred here to see if I could get any ideas on where to look / who to contact to get more info on current value for these items.

I have 2 silver charms for a charm bracelet. I am 99% sure that these were bought in the very early 1980s, because they are identical to ones that I have on my own charm bracelet and I got those on my first trip to Disney / Epcot when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade(Don't remember the year, but Epcot was pretty new, if not brand new) The 2 charms I have for potential selling were my aunt's and never made it to her bracelet, it seems, and she's passed on now). Both charms are flat.

One seems to be the original Disney World logo - it's a big D with the Mickey ears inside the D. However, Mickey's 'head' is a globe.

The second one might be the original Epcot Center logo? It's got a globe in the center, and then kind of looks like a lacy flower /design around it. (More googling revealed this image (http://bp2.blogger.com/_2sYXHRFeJNk/RvqiZ6Un2iI/AAAAAAAAB-A/aryu4GzjdGo/s1600-h/Epcot+Icon.jpg) to help me prove it's the original Epcot logo)

So, if anyone has any ideas on where to look or who to call to find out what these would be valued at, I would really appreciate it. I've tried googling, and am not having any luck yet.

Thanks very much!
-Mary Anne

DisneyDudet
02-06-2008, 12:58 AM
I do not know, but I know that silver charms now run about $12-$20.

I don't know where you can take them to be appraised or anything, but I bet they are worth quite a bit!