PDA

View Full Version : How to celebreate 10 yr anniversary

ddw98
02-04-2008, 09:56 PM
We are going to be at Disney end of Feb 2008 for 4 days. I am trying to find a special thing for my husband to celebrate the event. Tried the Richard Petty Driving Experience, but he is a bit too big for the attraction. Anyone have some ideas. We are staying at SS sincw we are DVC members, I know he has a spa thingy booked for me already so I wanted to do something for him. Not a big golfer, so I was thinking of maybe the fireworks cruise one night? Help!!!

adoptionislove
02-04-2008, 10:07 PM
How about one of the tours that people talk about? There is a Segway tour of Epcot and lots of guided tours at the MK?

Or a romantic dinner somewhere?

I will think of more and post them!

KAT1811
02-04-2008, 10:13 PM
:welcome: First off welcome to Intercot! I think you are going to like it here!!!

I have a few suggestions that came to mind:

1.) Dinner at Portobello Yacht Club in DTD and then a showing of Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba. Then maybe hop over to the Adventurer's Club for a night cap.

2.) Dinner at the California Grill on a night that the Magic Kingdom shoots off fireworks (try planning your dinner around the display and watching them from the restaurant's observation deck)

3.) Dinner at one of the Boardwalk (or neighboring hotels) restaurants. Some of the restaurants I would choose from would probably be Flying Fish, Shula's, Yactsman Steakhouse, Blue Zoo. and then walk over to Epcot and enter through the International Gateway to watch Illuminations with a glass of champagne from France. Then sit and watch the other patrons filtering out and then slowly make your way to the exit when the park is virtually empty. Walk hand in hand around the torchlit lake, lovely at night.

Whatever you decide to do have a great anniversary!!! :congrats:

ltam16
02-05-2008, 11:29 AM
We went to Coral Reef for dinner (we had the kids with us and they like it there). I had a special menu made up with pictures from our wedding on it. They also have divers that will hold up a happy anniversary sign. There were none available when we went though.

I also just signed him up for a segway tour of epcot for when we go in April. I didn't know it existed on our anniversary trip.

PinKy
02-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Happy Anniversary!!

The fireworks cruise sounds lovely! The segway tour sounds fun too!

Also, don't forget to tell your DVC upon arrival that you're celebrating a special anniversary during your stay! And pick up your free Anniversary pins from either the front desk of your hotel or from customer service at any of the parks!!

Also - dinner at Mexico makes a lovely romantic evening. :-)