PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting so lax with my dining plans!

mouseketeer mom
02-04-2008, 08:48 PM
We are arriving for our next trip in April..I'm usually an 180 day out girl..I have it down to a science. However..I just didn't feel like it this time. I'm not sure why, but I just didn't want to drive myself crazy with dining. Soo....I just started making some calls this week..just to see what I could get. Many many things were booked. I got a couple of faves like Ohanas and Whispering Canyon, and I got a couple of new ones, like Trails End and Narcoosees. We've never made the rounds to counter service places in World Showcase, or really too much of anywhere else for that matter, this might just be our time to try them! I think my kids will love not being pulled out of the pool at 4pm to get ready for an ADR. I think I just might like having a more flexible trip this time around. Does anyone else find themselves getting more lax about dining each time they go? I concentrated on some other things this time too, instead of just dining. We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom, Aqua Seas tour, and Behind the Seeds. Anyway, my point is, I think I like this not being so crazy about dining! It might be fun to try some new World showcase places without committing to the time of a sit down meal! Think of the possibilities!! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
02-04-2008, 09:04 PM
The possibilities would be endless if we ADR crazy fans didn't have to book everything. I wish I could do that, but not getting into LeCellier would just kill me. I have to eat there each time I visit. I would like to get the courage to just walk up to a restaurant and ask to be seated.

Sounds like you have a great trip planned. We better hear all about it upon your return. :mickey:

ChrisF
02-04-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm going semi-solo, no ADR. I have Disney dinning # in my cell phone and plan to eat at off times. I had a great solo meal between lunch and dinner at R&C in 2005. And my Daughter got the group together in Germany for a great meal after the show was over and we finished our meal when the firewoks were going off! Also our server had time to take or picture with all our cameras. Just by using her cell phone that early afternoon.
And yes I finished a large mug of dark :beer:

Madame Leona
02-04-2008, 10:14 PM
We make adrs at a couple of character meals and that's it. We usually go for 10 days have 2 or 3 adrs and don't come home disappointed. Just remember to be flexible and you will be happy with your decisions. Oh, and plan to eat at a few more cs than usual. My favorites are Columbia Harbor House and the cs in Mexico.

Kairi_7378
02-05-2008, 08:37 AM
We've never been 180-day-out people, and I don't think we ever will be. (I understand that this is heresy to some people, and that's okay... everyone vacations a little differently.) On both of our recent trips, we only made 2 ADR's. This gave us a lot of flexibility in our schedule, and we felt very relaxed. We have enjoyed some great CS meals... enjoy the World Showcase ones! Let us know how you and your family like your trip this time around!

Dragongirlx
02-05-2008, 08:45 AM
We have done ADRs the last few times we went and while it was great getting the restaurant we wanted we felt restricted on the day cause we had to be there at that time and out holidays seemed to planned.

This year I am making none and am going to go to city hall ect in the morning and just see whats available.

I love some of the counter service restaurants anyway so if we get nothing it won't be a hardship - cosmic rays here I come

ltam16
02-05-2008, 09:11 AM
We just decided last week to go in April, so I didn't plan it all out like I usually do. We are not getting the dining plan this year. We did it the past 2 years.

I made 2 ADR's one for 1900 Park Fair the night we get there and one for Ohana the morning we leave.

My kids wish they could go to more restaurants because they love them all. But I know we are all going to be happier not having to rush to get to places. I think it is going to be a more relaxed pace.

BigRedDad
02-05-2008, 09:14 AM
I get how you feel. Having to schedule TS meals and ADRs can be a pain. I am looking at our trip in March/April and trying to determine what I will miss by having to run around to ADRs. We have LTT for dinner because we will be at MK, so no issue there. We have Garden Grill at Epcot for dinner, so no issue. Dinner at O'hannas will be a pain. We have to leave POP, go to MK, boat or monorail to OHana's, then bus to where ever we want to go from there. The total time traveling will be 2+ hours. I think I am going to cancel that one.

the way I see it, more time traveling equals less time enjoying the vacation.

NJGIRL
02-05-2008, 10:03 AM
There's nothing wrong with not making ADR's if you can be flexible. There are alot of great places to eat inside and outside of Disney. We like to "sit down" at least one meal a day but if I couldn't get a place that we really wanted to go to we would just do counter service also.