PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Ship Layout

DakotaDisney
02-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Anyone know where you can find maps/images of the Disney Cruise Ship Layouts for the different decks?

I haven't found any on the Disney Cruise Line Website. I know Intercot has layouts of the resorts and parks, but are there Cruise Ship layouts?

The guidebooks I have seen don't have any either.

I would like to look at the layout before going on the trip. Also I am just curious. I think its fun to look at the layout of the resorts, parks, etc.:mickey:

Thanks!

Turk82
02-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Have you "ordered" your free vacation planning guide from Disney? I actually asked my travel agent to send me one AFTER I booked my cruise!!! It has the deck plans in it (and a fun DVD, stickers with characters from the Little Mermaid, and lots of fun details). It isn't an exhaustive guide by any stretch, but it is free and fun and has the deck plans. :mickey:
Dakota, are you planning to go by yourself?? I actually booked my room for 2 people but haven't figured out who else to take/ask and am seriously thinking about going alone (because NOT going just isn't an option!!:blush:). How did you make your desicion? (if that is indeed that case!)

AbeeNormal
02-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Go to disneycruise.com and they will have a complete layout of the ship as well as some fun podcasts to look at.

Polynesian Dweller
02-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Google Disney Cruise Lines and then go to that site and choose About our ship and then tour the ships. It brings up deck diagrams.

DisneyDudet
02-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Disneycruiseline.com has an area that shows you where everything is, even room numbers!

TammiMcMan
02-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Anyone know where you can find maps/images of the Disney Cruise Ship Layouts for the different decks?

I haven't found any on the Disney Cruise Line Website. I know Intercot has layouts of the resorts and parks, but are there Cruise Ship layouts?As others have pointed out, you can get to the deck plans via the disneycruise website (just look in the top right hand corner for the "red ship" link). You can also go here, http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/DCL/DCL_ships.htm to view the same deck plans, in addition to 360 degree views of a number of spots on the ship.

The guidebooks I have seen don't have any either.You may want to take a look at the Passporters Guide to DCL. They have the layout of all the decks, plus a ton of other information.

DakotaDisney
02-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Have you "ordered" your free vacation planning guide from Disney? I actually asked my travel agent to send me one AFTER I booked my cruise!!! It has the deck plans in it (and a fun DVD, stickers with characters from the Little Mermaid, and lots of fun details). It isn't an exhaustive guide by any stretch, but it is free and fun and has the deck plans. :mickey:

Yes, I did order the free planning guide. I am anxiously waiting for it. It has been close to or over 2 weeks.

Dakota, are you planning to go by yourself?? I actually booked my room for 2 people but haven't figured out who else to take/ask and am seriously thinking about going alone (because NOT going just isn't an option!!:blush:). How did you make your desicion? (if that is indeed that case).

Yes I am planning on going by myself.
I have been to WDW before by myself and I loved it. It is great doing whatever you want and not having to wait for others or have others wait for you. There are single rider lines and sometimes they are looking for one person to fill a ride and you can get on even faster on some rides without single rider lines. I am used to traveling and being by myself, so I don't mind.

The only down side is it would really be nice to have someone to share experiences with and talk to. I was able to strike up some conversations with CMs or with people I meet in different places.

I have not cruised before, so I don't know what that will be like. But I am going on a cruise to get away and relax. I want to explore what there is to see and do, but I also want to relax in the sun and do some reading. That is largely why I am going to do this particular trip by myself.

Turk82
02-07-2008, 04:33 PM
I really hope when you get back you can give me (and all of us here) a great report on how solo cruising went. I will be most anxious to hear!!!! :-)