PDA

View Full Version : Special Ways to Thank Resort Staff

DakotaDisney
02-04-2008, 06:54 PM
I don't think Hotel/Resort Staff especially the maids, get a lot of thanks or appreciation at most hotels. Maybe Disney Resorts are different, I don't know.

But I think we should remember them and give them thanks. I am not always the best tipper, but I want to do better, especially for good service.

On my next trip to WDW I was thinking of maybe doing something special for the maid staff. Like a little thank you card/note and some candy or a treat with the tip instead of just leaving some cash each day or at the end of the stay.

Anyone ever done anything like this or any other ideas instead of just leaving a tip?

baby minnie's mommy
02-04-2008, 07:33 PM
My DH used to manage restaurants, and when we receive great service he asks for the manager and tells them about it, specifically mentioning the particular employee. That can be even better than an extra tip sometimes, because it can help them with getting raises, good job reports, etc. :mickey:

I guess if you leave candy or other edible treat, follow trick-or-treat rules and make sure they are completely sealed items. I personally don't like leaving edible things, as the maids don't know us and whether we are to be trusted...:) You would be eating something given to you from a complete stranger that you never even saw...

When we got towel animals in our room that were specifically made for a little girl to enjoy (little purse and bunny), we left a note on our tip envelope letting the maid know how much our DD loved them. The maid must have paid attention that her guest would be a little girl. :mickey:

TammiMcMan
02-04-2008, 11:00 PM
To be honest, a cash tip is probably the most appreciated. With so many food allergies and medical conditions involving food, it seems like food is a less popular gift to give these days. We've always made tip envelopes ahead of time, with Disney stickers and a personal note thanking the maid staff. They've taken the time to thank our kids for helping make their day magical too.

For particularly good service, the best thing you can do for the employee, is notify management. Positive letters in an employee file can go a long way during review time. It does seem like many more people are apt to report complaints, but not as many take the time to recognize a special employee.

irish1967
02-05-2008, 01:15 PM
In addition to the above, simple consideration also goes a long way...

Greeting a Mousekeeper if you see her in the hallway.

Saying, please and thank you when appropriate

Not leaving the room a disaster area

If you are in the room and Mousekeeper knocks at the door, tell her when you plan to leave so that she knows when to come back.

etc.

johnO
02-05-2008, 02:02 PM
We tip daily but usually leave an extra large tip at the end of the stay. I think that's what they'd appreciate most. We usually leave a daily note as well.

#1donaldfan
02-05-2008, 03:02 PM
We generally tip pretty well which is most likely the best way to say thanks...we made some business type cards with some disney characters on them saying thanks for making our stay even more magical. We put our names on the back of 'em too......:mickey:

sillyolbear
02-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Letters to management with positive comments are placed in cast member personnel files. Be sure to get the name of the cast member, so that they can get the proper recognition for magical service.