PDA

View Full Version : AAA Discount

Clay Ransone
02-04-2008, 05:19 PM
I went in to see my travel agent Saturday morning to book my November/December trip only to find the Disney reservations system down for upgrades (What business does a systems upgrade on a Saturday morning?). Unable to book right then I left my requirements with her so she could get back to me today. I had played with DisneyWorld.Com to get a price idea before I went and saw her. I get an e-mail today from her quoting me the same price DisneyWorld.Com gave me. I questioned this and she is checking again. My question is the AAA discount off the entire package or just parts of the package? I have booked thought the same travel agent twice before and never thought about it as the price she gave me was less than what the DisneyWorld.Com price was.

KarenP
02-04-2008, 05:35 PM
AAA is anywhere from 10 - 20% off (depending on the resort and season) on just the room portion of your package. AAA discounts are not always offered, which may be why your agent's price is the same as Disney's.

vamaggie
02-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Are you wedded to AAA? If not I would suggest using Magical Journeys. We have taken 3 trips to Disney (1 thru AAA, 1 booked ourselves and 1 with MJ) and I will never use anyone other than MJ again. I found the service at AAA was far inferior to MJ and AAA really did nothing for us besides booking the package. We got much better service with MJ (and a great discount once Disney offered it)

Young@Heart
02-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Are you wedded to AAA? If not I would suggest using Magical Journeys. We have taken 3 trips to Disney (1 thru AAA, 1 booked ourselves and 1 with MJ) and I will never use anyone other than MJ again. I found the service at AAA was far inferior to MJ and AAA really did nothing for us besides booking the package. We got much better service with MJ (and a great discount once Disney offered it)

I would love to know more about MJ. We've always booked through AAA, and find that we save about $100-$200 from the Disney site. I just got their email quote for our August trip today, and it's about $200 less than going through Disney. We're a family of 5, 2 rooms @ POP, 7 day water park tickets, & DDP.

When I contacted MJ, the quote was exactly the same as the Disney site, but I was told they'd keep an eye out for any discounts. Are they usually able to find one? :mickey:

CleveRocks
02-04-2008, 08:49 PM
When I contacted MJ, the quote was exactly the same as the Disney site, but I was told they'd keep an eye out for any discounts. Are they usually able to find one? :mickey:If it is available, they will immediately know about it. Obviously, if none is available they can't make one happen.

sainter
02-08-2008, 03:14 AM
MJ can get AAA discounts on room only reservations, but you must book through AAA for a AAA package. At least that is how I understood it...