PDA

View Full Version : Universal When Pregnant

Crystal
02-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Ok, I will be 5 months pregnant when we go in May.

Realistically, what can I ride? According to their website, I wouldn't be able to do ANYTHING. I know they do this to cover their butts, but there has to be more to do than the Seuss carousel.

thrillme
02-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Universal is more of a "thrill" park. I think you're pretty limited when being "pregnant". There are a lot of "street shows" at Universal.

There are a LOT of really cool shops at City Walk and I know that Royal Pacific has a luau on Friday and Saturday nights.

Universal Studios has a couple of shows that are pretty cool. You should be able to ride "Jaws". But I think you're really going to be limited

I really enjoy Universal a LOT but it's probably not for a pregnant lady.

bshaw96
02-05-2008, 08:09 AM
I was 4 months pregnant when we went one time. I'm trying to remember what we did :confused: I know at Universal (not IOA), I did quite a bit. Jaws, Kong (not sure if that's still there), ET, Twister, and the Backlot Tour. Can't remember much else. At IOA there was Spiderman, Poseidon's Fury (really cool!), Dr. Seuss, and I can't remember what else. But I don't remember being that limited. And I assure you I was one paranoid pregnant mommy. So I wasn't just some crazy pregnant lady riding the rides. Obviously, I didn't get on the coasters or any real jerking rides. You'll find there's more you can do at Universal than IOA, but either way, with shows and all, and the general atmosphere, you should have fun. And congrats on the baby on board :thumbsup:

prprincess
02-05-2008, 08:39 AM
I went at three months pregnant, and all I remember is just sitting around waiting for hubby to get off the rides, so I felt pretty limited. I remember doing all of the shows, and then the earthquake ride (sorry I forget the name) and ET. My OB said that I could have done anything I wanted up until my 5 month mark, but I didn't feel comfortable doing so.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-08-2008, 11:09 AM
When we went in 2004, DD was really scared of a lot of the rides, until we found that many of them had some "non moving seats". Terminator, Earthquake did for sure, but I can't remember the others. You saw the show, were a part of the other special effects, but didn't get bumped around. It is worth checking out!

Rockstar Boyfriends
02-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Here are the rides and attractions I believe you do while pregnant at Universal:

IOA:
High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Ride (depending on how far along you are, you might have trouble with the lapbar)
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
Posideon's Fury
Sinbad show
Jurassic Park Discovery Center
Camp Jurassic

USF:
T2:3D (in the stationary seats)
Horror Makeup Show
Jaws
E.T. (maybe)
Fear Factor Live
Disaster (the three preshow rooms, but not the subway)
Beetlejuice show
Twister (in the concrete stationary area)
Shrek 4-D (in the stationary seats)
Jimmy Neutron (in the stationary seats)
Lucy: A Tribute
Blues Brothers show

IMHO, the best park to visit when pregnant is Sea World. Most of the things are shows and attractions. There is a lot of walking, so have you hubby push you around. Let him treat you like a princess for once! :thumbsup: