PDA

View Full Version : Water Park Questions--Goggles, Footwear, Shirts

RunawayRun
02-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi! I have never been to the Disney Water Parks, and so I am wondering about a few questions that I have before I start to plan. First, are you allowed to wear your goggles on the slides? Also, are you allowed to wear t-shirts over your swim suits on the slides? Lastly, I know a lot of people have said to make sure you wear footwear (like crocs or flip-flops). Can you wear these shoes on the slides? If not, where do you put these shoes when you are on the slides? Thank you so much for all of your answers! I am a pro at the theme parks, but the water parks are so new to me! :)

Figment1988
02-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi! I have never been to the Disney Water Parks, and so I am wondering about a few questions that I have before I start to plan. First, are you allowed to wear your goggles on the slides? Also, are you allowed to wear t-shirts over your swim suits on the slides? Lastly, I know a lot of people have said to make sure you wear footwear (like crocs or flip-flops). Can you wear these shoes on the slides? If not, where do you put these shoes when you are on the slides? Thank you so much for all of your answers! I am a pro at the theme parks, but the water parks are so new to me! :)

here's some answers to your questions:
1. there are some slides which allow you to wear goggles, but some speed slides like Summit Plummet (which is at the currently closed blizzard beach water park) won't allow them due to the speed making the goggles slip off the slider's head.

2. yes, you can wear t-shirts, but to be honest, it's best to wear a rashguard since it does protect you from UV rays much more, and it keeps you from getting a bad case of a "water lashing" on some slides.

3. for the most part, you can wear water shoes or flip flops, but remember this only applies for some attractions, because on all of the speed slides, you'll be asked to remove your shoes and hold them during your slide.

i hope this information helps you in enjoying Disney's water parks (which in this case as of February 4, 2008 it's just typhoon lagoon).

sassafras
02-04-2008, 05:57 PM
You can rent lockers to store your shoes, clothes or whatever at the water parks, just like at the regular parks.

Figaro
02-04-2008, 07:33 PM
I know at resort slides, we make riders take their goggles/masks off. A rashguard is also your best bet. It's also quick drying, where a shirt takes a while.

wedway76
02-08-2008, 12:02 PM
I also recommend a shirt, just in case your waterproof sunscreen doesn’t hold up. Even with a t-shirt, re-apply the waterproof sunscreen often. On our Honeymoon we went on an all day boat ride in the Caribbean, my wife had a new swimsuit on under her t-shirt. At the end of the day she had tan lines that matched the new suit. She got color through her t-shirt.

Water shoes are a must! The concrete can get VERY hot.

Whatever you do don’t wear crocks. They are very ugly, and rude people like me will laugh at you when you walk by.

Tygger7
02-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Okay, I'm full of dumb questions today...what is a "rashguard"? Can you tell I live up north and don't get to the pool much??

RunawayRun
02-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Thank you for the info!! :)

Figment1988
02-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Okay, I'm full of dumb questions today...what is a "rashguard"? Can you tell I live up north and don't get to the pool much??

a rashguard is a shirt comprised of nylon and lycra which is often worn by surfers. its benefits include protection from the sun (since it protects the user from ultraviolet rays), and it also protects the skin from being scratched by rough surfaces (which is a must for typhoon lagoon's strong waves)

RoosMomKanga
02-16-2008, 12:55 PM

:laughing:I was going to ask this too:blush: I always had the kids in thick t-shirts (or the boys in the full "surfer suit") and beach shoes for all...it's VERY rough and lots of walking!

Goofy Texan
02-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Use SunGuard If you don't want to buy rash shirts, but want sun protection. It's made by Rit (the cloth dye people). You put it in the washing machine along with your clothes and it washes sunscreen into the fabric. It doesn't change the feel of the clothes and the sunscreen will last for a full summer's worth of washings. You can buy it at craft stores.

Also, if you wear a T-shirt, make sure it's a tight fitting one since the water will stretch it out quite a bit. Also don't use an expensive shirt. The chemicals in the water will fade and weaken the fabric.

RoosMomKanga
02-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Use SunGuard If you don't want to buy rash shirts, but want sun protection. It's made by Rit (the cloth dye people). You put it in the washing machine along with your clothes and it washes sunscreen into the fabric. It doesn't change the feel of the clothes and the sunscreen will last for a full summer's worth of washings. You can buy it at craft stores.

Also, if you wear a T-shirt, make sure it's a tight fitting one since the water will stretch it out quite a bit. Also don't use an expensive shirt. The chemicals in the water will fade and weaken the fabric.
:cool:Sun Guard...never heard of this...we're fair/blue eyed so I'm always looking for protection.
:ditto: I had a pink T when I was standing all day in the pools supervising my little ones and the bottom of it looked almost white after that day.