PDA

View Full Version : Yak & Yeti

MissT
02-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Has anyone anything to say about the new Yak & Yeti table service dining? We are looking for something new to try.

WishingStar2006
02-04-2008, 03:48 PM
We went during our Christmas vacation and LOVED, LOVED, LOEVED it. The food was SO FRESH...certainly made to order and so wonderful I just can't say enough.

It's pricey so I hope you're on the DDP and the DDE....out lunch for 3 was well over $100...we didn't look at prices we just ordered....later I wished we had used one of our TS but was saving that for the Yachtsman Steakhouse (where I will never go again....not worth the two TS).

Yak and Yeti is Asian style food so if that is not your cup of tea, I wouldn't go....but we found it great.

kdbianchini
02-04-2008, 03:58 PM
We went in January and we all loved it! There were 3 of us and it was about $30/person. I will definately go there my next WDW trip.

gardenia
02-04-2008, 04:47 PM
We also went in January. The pre-seating experience I'd rate an F (the foyer was crammed with people, no place to sit, no electronic buzzers, disorganized staff). The interior ambiance I'd rate a B+, because the theme and decor are wonderful and well executed, but it's pretty cramped and half of the seating requires a trek up a long flight of stairs. The food didn't strike me as "Asian" at all. My kids had barbeque ribs and the adults had vegetarian fare. The non-vegetarian food was a solid B, but the vegetarian food was incredibly bland and rates a C-.

So, is it worth visiting? Sure. It's cool to have a look around, and who knows, maybe they'll have your favorite dish on the menu. Is it one of my favorites? No.

AbeeNormal
02-04-2008, 04:54 PM
We really liked the Yak & Yeti - we were there in january and the food was fresh and tasty - I had the Honey chicken and it was really good. We also had a great server who brought our kids items out first so they didn't have to wait.

The lobby was a bit crowded but once you're seated you're fine.

I think the thing I liked most was the wonderful smell as you got closer to the restaurant.

Have a great time!!

SurferStitch
02-04-2008, 09:14 PM
DH and I ate there in December, and we absolutely loved it.

The food was very fresh, and tasted wonderful.

I had the wok fried green beans for an appetizer, and DH had the egg rolls. Those beans were incredible! I could have made a meal out of them. Portions were huge!

Our main courses were delicious, as was the pineapple cream cheese wonton dessert.

We will DEFINITELY be dining there again on our next trip in May! Not to be missed!

EmcDuckRN
02-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Have to agree we went there during January and loved it as well. atmosphere is tops, food is top notch. Only issue we ran into was that the restraunt was more popular than they expected and they didn't quite have enough water heating machines. and as explained by our server, pretty much every table orders hot tea, if not more than one. So the water wasn't coming out as hot as I would like. But I am sure that it is being fixed.

They are first on our PR list for next january.

Tinkerfreak
02-05-2008, 10:33 AM
My family are all excited to try this place on our next trip.

dumbo_buddy
02-05-2008, 04:16 PM
We also went in January. The pre-seating experience I'd rate an F (the foyer was crammed with people, no place to sit, no electronic buzzers, disorganized staff). The interior ambiance I'd rate a B+, because the theme and decor are wonderful and well executed, but it's pretty cramped and half of the seating requires a trek up a long flight of stairs.

totally agree with the above.

DH and i had lunch there on 1/28. we had ADRs but waited a very long time and we had the FIRST reservation at 11:30am!
however, i'm on a strict diabetic diet and they worked with me to get a great meal. DH and I loved the lettuce wraps:number1: