PDA

View Full Version : Questions about planner book

Dakota Rose
02-04-2008, 01:49 PM
I just purchased "The Complete WDW 2008" by Julie & Mike Neal and have read almost the entire thing. A few things made me go "hmmmm" as they contradicted other things I've read here on Intercot, etc. Help me out?

1) Dining Reservations/ADRs: the book says resort guests can make ADRs 190 days in advance. I thought it was 90?

2) Buses: It says you can bus directly from theme park to theme park and theme park to Blizzard Beach. I thought you have to go theme park to hotel or TTC to theme park?

There was something else too but I forgot to write it down...hmmm it will come to me.

Oh, on a slightly unrelated note, has anyone ever followed the Daily Plans for the parks? Do they really work?

Strmchsr
02-04-2008, 02:01 PM
1.) What they are referring to with the 190 day thing is that guests staying on-property can make their ADRs beginning 180 days from their day of arrival through the entire length of their trip, up to 10 days. So, if you were staying 10 days you could technically make your ADR for day 190 when you are 180 days out from your arrival. Hopefully that makes sense.

2.) You can take monorail between epcot and MK and buses the parks. You can also ride the boat between DHS and Epcot. You can't take a bus to DTD directly from any park, but you can get from park to park.

The daily plans work okay, but they're really not worth putting much stock in IMO.

Disney Doll
02-04-2008, 02:11 PM
I think the earliest you can make ADRs is 180 days out.

I don't think you can go directly from one park to another on the bus system. You need to stop at one of the resorts or TTC.

Strmchsr
02-04-2008, 02:34 PM
I don't think you can go directly from one park to another on the bus system. You need to stop at one of the resorts or TTC.

Yep, it is possible. Did it several times this past November. Rode monorail MK to Epcot, bus from AK to MK, boat from DHS to Epcot, etc. With park hopper passes they have to make it a possibility to get from one park to another as not everyone with a park hopper pass is a resort guest. I think I did have to ride the monorail from MK to the TTC then catch a bus to get to DHS.

mickey&missy
02-04-2008, 03:31 PM
1) Dining Reservations/ADRs: the book says resort guests can make ADRs 190 days in advance. I thought it was 90?

It used to be 90 days. When we went Feb/March 2005 it was 90. By the time we went in Oct 2006 they had changed the policy to 180 + 10, the policy strmchsr describes.

1.) What they are referring to with the 190 day thing is that guests staying on-property can make their ADRs beginning 180 days from their day of arrival through the entire length of their trip, up to 10 days. So, if you were staying 10 days you could technically make your ADR for day 190 when you are 180 days out from your arrival. Hopefully that makes sense.

If your staying longer then 10 days you'll have to call back for the reservations for the subsquent days.

Also, some restaurants have their own policies. To make a reservation for DH's birthday dinner at Fulton's Crabhouse in DTD I had to call back 180 days from that day. I couldn't make it when I made our other reservations because we wanted eat there on the 6th day of our trip. If that makes sense!