PDA

View Full Version : Help going July 8TH

tink2006
02-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Due to DS15 summer sports schedule we can only go in July this year :( It has been years since we went to WDW this time of year but I remember it extremely crowded :crowd:

We do not mind the heat and humidity. We actually like it hot and humid (I know we must be :crazy:

I know a trip in July is better than no trip at all. But I am pouting about going when it is soo busy :pout:

We are making this a short trip this time, we are only staying 5 days (starting July 8). I think we might get a little testy :mad: with the crowds. I am hoping that the 4TH of July crowd will have dissipated somewhat.

Our first day is EMH in the morning for the Magic Kingdom. We always go to MK on our first day. I am actually thinking of skipping MK this first day because it might be way too crowded.

I know I am rambling - sorry. Please help me get over the "July" hump :ack:

Thanks!

faline
02-04-2008, 12:27 PM
It will be hot. It will be crowded. But, you already know that.

Are you staying on-site? Will you be there early enough to take advantage of the extra magic hour on your first day? If so, I'd suggest going for it. Otherwise, you might want to pick a different park for that day.

irish1967
02-04-2008, 01:16 PM
We go every year in July. It really isn't that bad. Do your "must do" rides first thing in the morning and fast-pass the rest of the day.

Quite frankly, I can't ever think of a time where we have left (and we only go for 3 nights/4 days usually) feeling like we missed out on anything.

Definitely make ADRs for any TS restaurants on your list!

Have a great trip! We'll be there shortly after you leave.

crazeedizneefinatic
02-04-2008, 01:33 PM
I agree a trip in July is better than no trip. We went in July 1 time. It was super hot and humid, but you already know this. The crowds were overbearing, so be prepared be very prepared. Use the fastpass option, get to the park early, take a break at the resort and head back to the park. If you don't already have it consider a hopper pass. Anything is managable if you are prepared. Just expect to go nowhere fast.

tink2006
02-04-2008, 02:36 PM
yes, we are staying on property. We always take afternoon breaks so this will not be a change. The problem is my family is not a morning family. I have never been able to convince them to wake up in time to take advantage of EMH in the morning. Looks like I will have to try to convince them that it is in their best interest ;)

Our arrival time will be mid/late morning. Looks like we will probably skip going to the MK that day due to the EMH in the morning.

Thanks for helping me get over the hump