PDA

View Full Version : Parent Swap?

BigRedDad
02-04-2008, 08:01 AM
I was just curious because they offer child swap for adults that want to go on the bigger rides. Does WDW have a Parent Swap? What I mean, is if a ride only allows one parent with a child, is there a way, without waiting in the long line again, for parents to swap out so they both can enjoy the ride with the child?

Since I have never been with a child, it was just one of those things that caught my attention as a possibility. I am not even sure which rides could limit this.

MickeyChick
02-04-2008, 08:06 AM
Yes, you can do a baby swap. Just tell the Cast Member when you get in line that that's what you want to do.

BigRedDad
02-04-2008, 08:55 AM
I know baby swap is to let parents ride the bigger rides. I was thinking more on the lines of something like Dumbo where you can have one parent and the child. Then, the parent swaps out and the child stays. But, if baby swap includes that, then this was a ridiculous question to start with.

disney323
02-04-2008, 10:55 AM
No there is no parent swap if that is what you are asking. The parents and child can wait in the line and then one parent can ride with the child and the other paren can ride in the next car alone or in the back seat of the same car. We have to do this on many rides and we switch off to who will ride alone. Buzz lightyear, Dumbo, Pooh ride, Snow White, speedway, and many others around the world of mickey. Most do have 2 seats in the front and 2 in the back. Sometimes our 2 yr old like to be in the front by himself with us behind him.

Or have one parent get in line and then the second parent get in line about 10 minutes later (Depending on how the line moves) when the child gets off the ride they can catch the other parent and ride again with that parent.

ljv1975
02-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Or have one parent get in line and then the second parent get in line about 10 minutes later (Depending on how the line moves) when the child gets off the ride they can catch the other parent and ride again with that parent.

This is what I was trying to figure out in my post. I just wanted to make sure that my DD would be allowed to join my DH in line after I ride something like Dumbo with her. I can't see that this would be a huge deal because if she joins him for the ride it doesn't take up another car. They would still take only 1 Dumbo car - just as if DH had ridden alone. Like I said in my post, I am not trying to line jump or anything, I just wanted to see if this was something that is done on a regular basis and in no way am I trying to offend anyone or break the rules.