PDA

View Full Version : Help with MNSSHP

Contemporary Gal
02-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi all,

We just got back from our January trip to Disneyworld and I'm missing it so much that we're already planning our next mini-trip for October. We'd like to attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and was just wondering if anyone with prior experience can tell me about it. Is is worth it? Is the fireworks show different from Wishes? Is it ultra-crowded and how is the wait for the rides? Are all the rides open during the party. I'd appreciate any expert advice anyone can give me with as much detail as you'd like to throw in. Planning my next trip is the only way to drag me out of my post-Disney depression.

vamaggie
02-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Definately do MNSSHP! It was amazing. We went in 04 and had a great time. There were not any real wait for rides-can't remember exactly which were open or not but we did not wait. The fireworks are so great! Watch for the witch! The crowds were not bad at all and we went on 10/31. Go, Go, Go!!!!

p.s. I am not even planning a trip right now (maybe back in 09 for us if we can) and here I am! DH said earlier today " You know they have medication for that!" LOL!!!

Contemporary Gal
02-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks vamaggie,

Appreciate that! I'm such a Disney junkie right now. Hello everyone, my name is Contemporary Gal and I'm a Disneyholic. It's been 5 days since my last Disney trip and I can't think about anything else. I dream about Disney World all the time... :D

By the way vamaggie, I couldn't help but notice that you're in Northern VA. So are we. We're Fairfax County. Matter o' fact, our kids had the Friday/Monday teacher workdays last week and that's why we decided to take a trip to Disney then. Nice to meet a fellow Virginian!

mickey&missy
02-03-2008, 08:26 PM
If you have the chance to go, DO IT! Its a blast! Truely!!!

We went on Halloween night 06. We did tons of rides, we even went around twice on IASW without getting off, and got off Buzz Lightyear and got literally right back on. The parade is great, the Headless Horseman leads it off, the fireworks are fantastic. The trick or treating is tons of fun! I could keep going on and on! It's definitely worth the cost!!

Have a great trip and enjoy the party!

DDuck66
02-03-2008, 08:36 PM
In MHO, MNSSHP is the best all around hard ticket event that Disney has. We have been the last 3 years, and are going again this year. It is definatley worth the extra cost. Tickets usually go on sale around the first week in May.

NLODisney
02-03-2008, 08:49 PM
We went this past year for the very last one, Nov. 2 and it was awesome. It was sold out by the time it started. We arrived around 4:15 and went and did several rides and then ate at Pecos Bill around 6 so we were ready at 7 for the party to start. There were some lines for rides but it was well worth going to. The parade and fireworks alone were enough for us. We will go again if we get the chance to.

biodtl
02-04-2008, 10:11 AM
We love MNSSHP! We're going back this year for it.

The night we went, we had very short lines and light crowds. It was during the week and not on Halloween, so I can't tell you about those days.

The parade is really fun and Hallowishes is great - it's set to Halloween- and villain-themed music.

My kids loved trick or treating in the park. Don't miss the patch from Toontown to Tomorrowland.

There are a lot of character opportunities (which, with the smaller crowds was wonderful - most we had no wait at all and the kids had a lot of time to spend with the characters).

And if you're up to it, dressing up is a blast.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
02-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Another BIG thumbs up for MNSSHP!!:thumbsup:

We went twice in September and we loved it. The fireworks are awesome. The special effects throughout the park are great. The "Boo To You" parade is my favorite parade in MK. The song was in our heads for weeks. We bought the CD once we got home and still play it often.
Lots of great character meet and greets and we enjoyed the Villans Mix and Mingle. Trick or Treating in MK was pretty neat for the kids and DH and I.
The rides had no lines to speak of.
I went to MVMCP in December and it did not hold a candle to MNSSHP in my opinion.
We are taking the kids to WDW to see the Xmas decorations for the first time and they are having a fit that we aren't going during MNSSHP time! ;)

Go and enjoy it!! I don't think you will regret it!

Kairi_7378
02-04-2008, 09:35 PM
We didn't do the Halloween party, but we did get to see the fireworks from the CA Grill. They were, without a doubt, the best fireworks display that I'd ever seen. It looked like they were going to blow up the MK! It was awesome!

like2workout
02-05-2008, 09:11 AM
i've been to the halloween party for the last 5 years and love every minute of it. you should definitely go! the parade and fireworks are both great. i had to just say great because that doesn't come near describing them, but they are hard to describe - totally different from any other parade and fireworks shows. tons of characters around, and some rare ones too if you like meeting characters, and the rides are quick and easy to get on. and the later you stay, the shorter the lines. i hope you get to go - if so, you'll love it!

bfbulldog
02-05-2008, 11:48 AM
I agree that MNSSHP is definitely a must see.

However, I would advise that you wait until mid-October to attend. We went on 9/14/07 and the weather the whole time was still very stifling and it rained the entire night, seriously cutting the fireworks. I've been in mid-October in the past and by this time the weather in Florida is much nicer and the daily thunderstorms have pretty much ceased. No matter when you go though, the event itself is awesome.

chrisandmattsmom
02-05-2008, 12:36 PM
We went to MNSSHP in mid-Oct. of 2006 and LOVED it!!! We had dinner reservations at the LTT for 4:30 and after that we took the kids to change into their costumes. We went on Barnstormer and stayed on it twice in a row because no one else was in line. For the rest of the rides we had about a 5 minute wait. We got lots and lots of candy. The candy lines were a little long, but they moved pretty fast. The parade and fireworks were spectacular!!!! I can't wait until we go again!!!

tomatoe pie
02-05-2008, 01:42 PM
looks like most of us agree. mnsshp is the best party of all and the "boo to you" parade is the most fun parade i have seen anywhere in my life. even the music is the best. i have been for the last 3 years and hope i will never have to miss it, we even purchase the framed set of halloween pins every year. they are just beautiful. the fireworks are much greater than wishes. the only other time i have seen fireworks that spectacular was on new years eve:fworks: at the majic kingdom.

i quess you would say i am really addicted to disney.:mickey:

as a que to other disney lovers, we went to the mk for new years eve 2007 and found it to be so much fun that we stayed for 16 hours. the band music was piped thru-out the entire park and everybody danced while waiting in line at all the rides. my six year old granddaughter was still dancing in front of the castle at 1:30am and begging to stay. talk about good clean fun for the whole family!!!!!! :thumbsup:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-05-2008, 01:54 PM
My DH and I went for the first time last year. It was AWESOME!

It wasn't overly crowded like I thought it would be.

The fireworks are the best! Completely different than Wishes. I liked it better. Also there is a different parade that they do twice. You can purchase the music for it too. I had too. You can only get it at the event.

They also have a special PhotoPass. You get a 40%? discount on pictures that night only.

The characters are the coolest part. I got my picture with Snow White and ALL 7 dwarfs, Queen of Hearts, Evil Queen, Lady Tremaine, Drizella and Anastasia, Maleficent, Jafar and Frollo. There were other villains but we didn't get a chance to get pictures with them. Also Tigger and Piglet were dressed up in Halloween costumes.

tomatoe pie
02-05-2008, 01:56 PM
looks like most of us agree. mnsshp is the best party of all and the "boo to you" parade is the most fun parade i have seen anywhere in my life. even the music is the best. i have been for the last 3 years and hope i will never have to miss it, we even purchase the framed set of halloween pins every year. they are just beautiful. the fireworks are much greater than wishes. the only other time i have seen fireworks that spectacular was on new years eve.:fworks:

i quess you would say i am really addicted to disney.:mickey:

as a que to other disney lovers, we went to the mk for new years eve 2007 and found it to be so much fun that we stayed for 16 hours. the band music was piped thru-out the entire park and everybody danced while waiting in line at all the rides. my six year old granddaughter was still dancing in front of the castle at 1:30am and begging to stay. talk about good clean fun for the whole family!!!!!! :thumbsup:

dumbo_buddy
02-05-2008, 04:01 PM
DH and I are going to the World at the end of September and it sounds like MNSSHP is a must-see!

here's a question: Where should we be for the parade?

I've been to DW around 10 times and i have to admit, i have never been to a parade!

i didn't go for the first time until i was a teenager and now DH and I don't have children yet so we always use parade time to ride the rides!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
02-05-2008, 07:01 PM
DH and I are going to the World at the end of September and it sounds like MNSSHP is a must-see!

here's a question: Where should we be for the parade?

We sat right on the curb in front of the Castle (Hub area) for the first parade and we just stayed there to watch Hallowishes. The Villans Mix and Mingle was in between the two so we could watch that while we were waiting. We liked the Boo To You parade so much that we went over to Frontierland to watch the second one later on.

That area was perfect for us. Not too close so we could see all of the fireworks. They are 360. But, close enough to see the pictures on the Castle.

By staying there the whole time we also got a great view of the Headless Horseman.

It is quite crowded in that area so, if you plan on watching the first parade and staying for Hallowishes, Don't Move!! There are many people that will jump in your seat as fast as you can. We just stayed put, I think it was only 30-40 minutes in between the two with the Castle show in there too.

Have a great time!!

crltkcagle
02-05-2008, 09:22 PM
oh you so have to go! It is "totally awesome dude" as crush would say. :nemo:

Contemporary Gal
02-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks everyone for all your replies. The info has been very helpful to us and I've learned a few good things by reading your posts. I can't wait until they release the schedule for MNSSHP so we can see if it fits our tentative dates. Please keep the reviews and reports coming. I love reading them and as I said above, it's helping us immensely.

porfer08
02-05-2008, 11:28 PM
MNSSHP was amazing. I went with friends and family and we all had a blast. Hallowishes is different than regular Wishes, ang again, they are amazing. I loved every minute of them.

MNSSHP is definitely worth the price. We were there Sept.30 and the ride wait times were 5 minutes or less. Even on Big Thunder, Splash and Space. We ate at Cosmic Rays and it was deserted! Most people were out trick-or-treated.

We didn't dress up this time because we couldn't think of anything. But hopefully in our upcoming trips I can think of something good.

Have fun! See ya there! :party: