PDA

View Full Version : Please let me know if this is ok?

aurora, ariel, and bell
02-03-2008, 06:10 PM
I am getting ready to make our reservations...oh i'm so excited!
we are travelling with my dh, dd and her husband, and their three girls ages 4,3,2
another couple may be joining us occassionally.

we have the free dining and are going for 10 days, 7 of which we have park hopper passes.

we arrive on tuesday around noon (have to get up at 3am to catch plane) and was planning to go to MK. then to Garden Grill for supper for character meal.

day 2- askerasauraus. the girls are princess crazy (for dinner)

day 3- no parks. o'hanna for supper

day 4- breakfastausauraus in AK (we will pay OOP)

day 5- tepanaki in Japan

day 6- no parks captain jacks

day 7 - rose and crown hopefully to see fireworks

day 8- no parks whispering canyon

day 9 - CRT for our princesses

day 10 - hang by pool and relax before going home- no sure what time to make flight home for

Does this sound ok? I'm hoping to get a variey and keep the girls amused.

Thanks for any advise.:mickey:

vamaggie
02-03-2008, 06:27 PM
I only count 6 days in the parks(unless I'm reading it wrong). Don't waste that 7th day. I would use it on day 8 or 10. The only other thing you may want to think about is:Do you want to do a character dinner after the kids have been up since 3am? I would schedule this for another day and plan to eat at MK or your resort that first night (in case folks are really tired)

jedi jen
02-03-2008, 06:41 PM
It looks great. My only concern is the same as vamaggie. It looks like a lot of activity that first travel day, starting at 3:00am; also a lot of transportation, since planning on hitting two parks that day. I have a 5 year old and 9 year old, and I have more Disney stamina than them. Last year, they asked more for more "hotel" and "pool" time. I think my kids might be too tired to do all you have planned on that first day. One suggestion is making that a "no park" day, and just doing dinner.

Pirate Granny
02-03-2008, 07:09 PM
I agree that perhaps your first day may be a bit too much...you could either not go into the park that first day and go to Whispering Canyons which the girls will love...and take the monorail and go visit the other MK hotels...or if your heart is set on going into MK that first day either eat there at the Liberty Tree which is also a character meal...or go to Chef's Mickey's for an early dinner and back to hotel for an early night. You don't want to burn them out that first day...you have lots of days and day 2 will go much better on a good nights rest.
:pirate:

aurora, ariel, and bell
02-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Sorry, i goofed...day 10 was coral reef and day 11 is going home...oops

I was worried about that first day as well, but I just know that if I get to Disney and not go see Mickey or the castle the first day with the girls they (and me) may be disappointed. already the 3 almost 4 year old is singing "her" song about seeing the princesses at the castle.

Is liberty tree good? what characters are there? Where is it at the MK. I don't think I have ever seen it??

mickey&missy
02-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Your plan sound good. Definitely use all 7 days of your tickets though!

Liberty Tree Tavern is in Liberty Square. It's very cute. We went there for dinner last trip. Characters were Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale.

Enjoy your trip!!

vamaggie
02-03-2008, 08:06 PM
If you are set on seeing Mickey & the castle on your arrival day I would do what Pirate Granny suggests and spend some time at MK and then head to Chef Mickey's for an early dinner then off to bed. I would err on the side or early to bed that day or else you may set up a really bad day 2! Even if the girls want to go go go you know they are going to crash & burn eventually then no one is happy!