PDA

View Full Version : Where to dine to see fireworks?

weezie77
02-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Is there any restaurants where we may see fireworks if we go there for dinner?

Also about what time would the reservation have to be for?

Thanks!

GrmGrninGost
02-03-2008, 05:58 PM
The California Grill is my favorite spot for fireworks. It sets high atop the Contemporary Resort and they pipe the music in. It's quite a show from up there! As far as a time, that can change. Go to the Disney World web site and check on the fireworks time for the day you want, then make reservations an hour to an hour and a half before they start. We have had to wait as long as an hour and no less than 20 minutes to be seated.

KAT1811
02-03-2008, 06:26 PM
The California Grill is my favorite spot for fireworks. It sets high atop the Contemporary Resort and they pipe the music in. It's quite a show from up there! As far as a time, that can change. Go to the Disney World web site and check on the fireworks time for the day you want, then make reservations an hour to an hour and a half before they start. We have had to wait as long as an hour and no less than 20 minutes to be seated.

Ditto! What a view. With or without fireworks

SBETigg
02-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Ditto! What a view. With or without fireworks

Agreed. It's incredible there. Second choice, Narcoossee's. Third, 'Ohana. But the view from the rooftop at the California Grill is absolutely breathtaking, and the food and service is superlative.

jedi jen
02-03-2008, 06:46 PM
You've already been given great advice. I love Wishes, and the California Grill for Wishes is a must do for me. This year we are trying three new Wishes experiences: Narcoosees, and Ohana, as well as watching from the Poly beach. I love my Wishes. :fworks:

Pirate Granny
02-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Just a word to the wise...we ate at Narcoose's Xmas Day a couple of years ago...we were luck enough to get seated by the windows facing the castle....We made the reservations so we would be there during the fireworks...HOWEVER they allow people to stand on the deck outside of the restaurant right in front of all the people seated in the restaurant...we were so disappointed...we had people with children on their shoulders leaning against the windows...So if you want to see, please make reservations for the Cali Grill, we did that for Christmas Day in 06 and made them for the fireworks...we waited only ten minutes for our seats, which were right on the window...perfect seats for the fireworks...I've sat on the beach at the Poly...but you can't hear the music...so, if you can afford the price I would recommend Cali Grill.
ENJOY
:pirate:

splashtest
02-05-2008, 02:41 PM
My favorite is the California Grill. That is by far the best view. Nothing like watching the fireworks from the rooftop of the Comtemporary!!!

sillyolbear
02-05-2008, 04:51 PM
1-California Grill (Far and away #1)

2-Narcoossee's

3-Ohana