PDA

View Full Version : Portobello Yacht Club

tbelle's dghtr
02-03-2008, 12:06 PM
My boyfriend and I have ressies here for a romantic dinner. Has anyone eaten here? Would love to hear about your experience.. good or bad. Thanks!

DisneyLove
02-03-2008, 01:31 PM
This restaurant is one of my favorite on property! My family love it too. We go at least once a trip. The service is very good, and the food is excellent!! I personally recommend rigatoni alla calabrese or the farfalle with snow peas an chicken. mmmm! The creme brulee is also excellent. A very good choice, IMHO! Enjoy your dinner!!!:D

Katie

baby minnie's mommy
02-03-2008, 03:40 PM
We had a spur-of-the-moment family dinner there one night. We opted to eat outside to cut down on wait time. It was nice eating by the water, even though it was chilly. They had heaters running on the porch.

The waitress gave each of us adults a sample of that night's specialty cocktail drink, which I then ordered. The food was very good! You should have a nice romantic meal there. I think it's a good choice!

splashtest
02-05-2008, 02:39 PM
I do love this restaurant, but it can tend to be a bit noisey at times. I have different expereinces everytime I was there. One of the last times I was there was extra loud, and the service was not all that good. The waiter we had was extra cranky, and couldn't be bothered with us. It really was a shame becsue the food is good. I will think again before I go back....just because of the bad service.

KarenP
02-05-2008, 02:57 PM
I have eaten several times at Portobello and both the food and service were very good. The Filet was delicious, as well as the Farfalle with Chicken. I also love the garlic spinach.

Checkers
02-05-2008, 03:02 PM
:mickey:One of our favorites. We have always had good food and good service. Enjoy!

NJGIRL
02-05-2008, 03:37 PM
We have eaten there twice and both times the food was really good. As someone else mention the creme brulee is very good. Our service was top notch no complaints.

ThanxForNoticin
02-05-2008, 08:29 PM
We feel PBYC is one of the better kept secrets at Disney. We really enjoy the place. And you can enjoy it with family and kids, or you can enjoy it with just the two of you. I would recommend you let them know you are looking for a nice romantic evening for the two of you, and I bet they take good care of you. They have tables outside by the lake - or if it's too cold, inside tables with views of the lake. Save room for dessert! Have a great evening.

Polynesian Dweller
02-05-2008, 08:36 PM
This is an absolute must for us every trip and has been since it opened. Not on the DDP and they don't need to be, always packed. Never had a bad meal and the service is among the best on the property.:thumbsup: