PDA

View Full Version : Birthday ideas at WDW for 15 yr. old male

JoDisney
02-03-2008, 11:08 AM
We will be at Disney during my son's 15th birthday and his friend is coming with us. I know about getting the birthday button and about ordering a cake, but is there anything else you can think of that would be special for this age group. We have thought about Disney Quest and boat rental (I think you have to be 16 to rent the searaycer or whatever it is called.) As your child gets older, he or she wants different activities. Is there a Safari Tour? I know there is one for concierge guest at AKL but we are not staying there this trip. Any suggestions would be appreciated for 15 year old boys.

E-OR
02-03-2008, 12:35 PM
My son turned 16 while we were there one year and we did a priate themed birthday for him. (we had not done a themed birthday in several years) I brought pirate plates/napkins from home and picked up some things at POTC. On the day of his birthday I snuck back to the room to put it out and while we were gone we had a cake and balloons delivered and the hotel had a card signed by the Disney Characters. His favorite restaurant is the Sci Fi so we went there for lunch and then went to Disney Quest to play games. We had never done this so it was a treat for him to spend some time there. My son would not have wanted a big deal made at a restaurant so we did not tell them it was his birthday. I know if the resturant does know they will do something special for them. A boat rental would be a fun idea for a boy that age too. Spending a birthday at WDW is a treat in itself. One year when we were there I had a birthday and the lady at the ticket window noticed. While I was standing there she said that I had a phone call. When I answered it was Goofy who sang "Happy Birthday" to me. It was really cool. That is another idea. See if you can get some one to call him first thing in the morning and sing Happy Birthday.