PDA

View Full Version : California Grill

Catzle
02-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Can someone tell me about the California Grill? After reading where people like to eat this came up a lot. We have never been. Is it a family kid place or more of an adult restaurant?

jefmblrd
02-03-2008, 10:10 AM
California Grill is the absolute best restaurant I have experienced at WDW.

The food is incredible with some of the best sushi I have ever had. The menu changes regularly, but you can look at a sample menu right here at Intercot at infocentral.

It sits at the top of the Contemporary Resort overlooking the Magic Kingdom and affords great views, especially during Wishes. There is also an observation Deck you can walk out on and take in the view.

If you're on the DDP, it'll cost you two Table Service credits per person-- to me it's worth it. I would strongly suggest you make ADRs.

As far as bringing young children, ours are all grown up so we've only gone as a couple, but I see the CG as more of an adult restaurant. Maybe someone else will come along with better information on that part of it.

Hope this helps.

wifey5794
02-03-2008, 10:48 AM
California Grill is a must do every trip for us. I too think it is the best dining on property.

We have been taking our kids there since they were little. They used to have paper on the tables and the kids could draw on it, but they don't anymore so I would make sure you take something for them to do.

The restaurant itself is not a quiet place. They are cooking in an open air type of kitchen and they are loud so i never really notice kids being loud. When we were there in December, there was a family with 4 kids (and 4 adults) sitting a few tables away and the kids were just abnoxious. They were running around the tables - twice almost knocking over a server and once knocked over a bottle of water at another table. The adults with them never told them to sit down etc. I think they were done eating just as we got there and they were determined to wait for the fireworks. We even finished with 40 minutes to spare and opted to go to MK to watch them. Even my kids commented that maybe they shouldn't be in a restaurant if they can't behave.

INHO I think it is very family friendly. If you time your dinner right you can catch the fireworks. Request a window table. You may have to wait and if that isn't a problem the view is spectacular!

The food is awesome. I have many differnet things over the years and have never been disappointed. For kids they have a very good selection to choose from also.

Hope this helps!

:darth::trooper:

Catzle
02-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the replies, it sounds really nice.