PDA

View Full Version : Mission Space Green

bertmmur
02-03-2008, 07:48 AM
My son is 8 and is chicken of everything but is dying to ride this. My husband rode Orange last year and got so quizy he will not even talk about riding again. Do I dare put my scaredy cat 8 year old on the Green? Is it ALOT tamer? Thanks.

Altair
02-03-2008, 08:07 AM
There is no motion when you take the Green mission. Even my DW did this with no problems. As you go through the line they still give the motion sickness spiel, but it doesn't really apply unless you get sick by watching motion on a screen.

I believe there is another level below green so everyone can experience something on this attraction.:thumbsup::mickey:

Strmchsr
02-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Green is fine. You're still in the motion simulator, and it still tilts and moves, but there's no spinning involved. My DS7 handled the green very well (in fact it became his favorite ride and we ended up doing it around 8 times) and he's normally not too fond of those experiences. However, as mentioned above, there is the option to do the mission control. You just enter through the gift shop and it's set up there. However, i would say go for the green ride!

jefmblrd
02-03-2008, 09:51 AM
There was no way I was going to ride orange, because I would have ended up like your husband. I rode Green last trip, and it tilts etc, but does not spin. It's really pretty tame, but only you know your child... I can say that when my wife and I rode it there was a young boy, probably no more than 6, with his Dad in the same car as us, and he was fine and had a great time. But again everyone is different.

bkfree
02-03-2008, 04:16 PM
My son, 8, has an autism spectrum disorder, so we are very careful about any ride that may scare him because then he would be done for the day. He Loved Mission Space Green and there was nothing scary about it. We rode it several times last trip. Go For It!

#1donaldfan
02-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Green should be fine.....it does not spin, it's just like Star Tours....

Funforall
02-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Thank you so much for all of your answers. This is not my post but I have very much been wondering the same question. I rode before the green option and didn't settle my stomach until the next day (but I am naturally a wimp).

ParkMan
02-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Ditto with the above - I took my 4 year old on it last summer. He did absolutely fine.

bertmmur
02-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Thanks for the answers. His favorite last year was Star Tours (by far the most daring thing he tried) so he is gonna love it! Now I just have to get him on a roller coaster or two....

MOJoe
02-04-2008, 01:37 PM
I found that the "scariest" part of Mission Space is the pre-flight briefing. I have seen grown men jump out of line and head for the exit as they pondered the effects of their "training". The green team ride itself is not intimidating. So don't be frightened out of a fun, exciting mission to Mars. Keep standing on your number!

disneydeb
02-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Green is fine for almost everyone.:thumbsup:

RoosMomKanga
02-04-2008, 03:53 PM
...so if I get sick on Star Tours:sick:, will this be as bad?:ack:
Can I close my eyes like I've done on Star Tours, or will that "ruin the Mission" for others if I'm not doing my "job"?

Followthatmouse
02-04-2008, 06:12 PM
I may be quite wrong here, but I think that the computer program will continue a mission even if the crew members are curled up on the floor in the foetal position. So, your crew should be just fine.

RoosMomKanga
02-05-2008, 09:13 AM
even if the crew members are curled up on the floor in the fetal position.
:funny: ...That may be me. :ack:
That's good...I felt so guilty when I chickened out last time...LONG past when they ask you to leave:blush:...I got all the way to the door of the "ball" and the CM's had all gone:scared:...I couldn't find my way out and was scared to death the thing was going to start spinning and take me out:eek:...when I finally found the exit the CM's looked surprised to see me.:blush:

krorx
02-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Oh, I'm so relieved to hear green isn't bad. I wanted to ride it last time but chickened out.:sick: