PDA

View Full Version : Renting Tents at Fort Wilderness

uberdogs
02-02-2008, 10:38 PM
We will be first timers at FW and would like to rent a tent and cots. I'm ready to make reservations, but I read that we needed to stay in Creekside Meadows in order to rent equipment. Is this true? If so, how do I do this if campsites may be requested and not guaranteed? Should I call Disney directly to make these arrangements and hope for the best or will our internet reservations suffice?

Any great advice will be appreciated for first timer's tenting it at FW in early March? It'll be just my husband and I with our 4 yr old daughter.

MartyS
02-02-2008, 11:29 PM
the official policy for Fort Wilderness is that rental tents and cots are only available to groups of 20 or more using Creekside Meadow, the primitive camping area. However, official policy and practice seem to differ. Individuals have rented equipment before and I've called FW myself and been told they do rent equipment to individuals if they have it available and a group hasn't already made arrangements to rent it. Tents are $30 per night, cots are $3 per night, so it's not cheap. Also, if you do stay in Creekside Meadow, the cost is $10 per person (20 person minimum). For group reservations, call (407) 939-7807 Monday through Friday between 9 am and 4 pm

uberdogs
02-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the info. Guess we'll take our own equipment. That means pulling the old tent out of mothballs to see if it still functions and slapping some waterproofing on it. Its been years since we've had the time to enjoy a camping trip and it'll be our daughter's first. We're looking forward to a few days at WDW, and especially FW. Last time I visited WDW was back in the early 80's.

NJ Camper
02-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Good luck with your tent hope it is still in good working cond. FW is great have seen lots of tenters there check to see if you want a primitive or a full hookup if you want electric ,water or cable or electric and water or none its all a possibility we have seen tenters in full before also some like to bring a tv or be able to hookup to computer hope all works out for you oh yeah and welcome to intercot ask lots of ???? there is always someone to answer :mickey::camp: