PDA

View Full Version : Critique My Dining Plans!

jeddalynn
02-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Going to Disney World in May and I think I've come up with a dining plan to make all in our party happy. Any thoughts? Critiques?

Day One: (Arrival) Beaches and Cream. Gonna tackle the ice-cream monster. Follow it up by an evening at Adventurers Club.

Day Two: (At Magic Kingdom) 1900 Park Fare

Day Three: (At Disney MGM) Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe followed by supper at Sci-Fi Drive in Theatre

Day Four: (At EPCOT) Teppan Edo

Day Five: (At Animal Kingdom) Boma

Tried to stay within or near the park we're spending the day in as much as possible to avoid wasted time.

jpH/keD
02-02-2008, 02:57 PM
:thumbsup: They all look good! I have been to several of your choices. The food at all of them is great! You will have plenty to eat and a wide range of flavors is always a good thing!

My only negative comment would be about the Sci-Fi which wasn't a favorite for us. We liked the food just fine but our small children were not mezmerized by the movies and were bored and running around the restaurant before we could finish our food! BUT if you have never been before it IS a novelty of sorts!

Have fun where ever you decide!!!

jeddalynn
02-02-2008, 03:16 PM
:thumbsup: They all look good! I have been to several of your choices. The food at all of them is great! You will have plenty to eat and a wide range of flavors is always a good thing!

My only negative comment would be about the Sci-Fi which wasn't a favorite for us. We liked the food just fine but our small children were not mezmerized by the movies and were bored and running around the restaurant before we could finish our food! BUT if you have never been before it IS a novelty of sorts!

Have fun where ever you decide!!!

Thank you! I've been to DW once before (last March.) This time taking DH, brother in law and a good friend of mine.

Last time we did Sci-Fi drive in. DH and BiL are big old movie buffs. Last time my husband just drooled through the meal while watching trailers and clips from his FAVORITE films :D He kept ordering things so he wouldn't have to leave!!

Jared
02-02-2008, 03:58 PM
The Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater is my least favorite restaurant in Walt Disney World, and I would never recommend it to anybody.

But otherwise, your selections look good. I especially love Boma.

:tasty:

jeddalynn
02-02-2008, 04:14 PM
The Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater is my least favorite restaurant in Walt Disney World, and I would never recommend it to anybody.

But otherwise, your selections look good. I especially love Boma.

:tasty:

I totally think Sci Fi Drive in is a matter of taste. The food was on par with your average family diner. But we didn't go for the food, but for the experience. I think of eatting at Disney more as an experience/like a "ride" or attraction then a supper.

It depends on what you like, but for us, Sci-Fi is something you can't miss:D

Hull-onian
02-02-2008, 07:59 PM
We are going to the Sci Fi :yoda: Diner for the first time. I don't think it is for the dining experience. All our other choices are really good this time. When going to Disney, you must decide for yourself. If you like a restaurant :eat: you will make sure to go back again. If you were disappointed :pout:,you have an option not to go back again. That is what we all love :cloud9: about Disney, so many choices so little time.:mickey:

Natazu
02-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Looks good. I'd switch the 50s lunch to dinner and vice versa. Sci-Fi doesn't stink nearly as bad at lunch.

tinksmom02
02-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Looks good. I'd switch the 50s lunch to dinner and vice versa. Sci-Fi doesn't stink nearly as bad at lunch.

I agree with Jym, although I've never been to 50s. I think SciFi is a place that can be better...tolerated?...at lunchtime.

Or, eat lunchtime foods at dinnertime.

Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed ourselves there. The food, not so much, but the restaurant itself is definitely something to see.

jeddalynn
02-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Thanks guys! I'll definately think about switching 50's Prime Time with Sci Fi Drive in. Maybe I'll have a look at the menues for lunch and dinner and compare.