PDA

View Full Version : September or October Trip

Freedom
02-02-2008, 12:06 PM
We are trying to avoid the crowds and extremely hot/humid weather. Is September or October a good time to take a trip to wdw?

BostonChic
02-02-2008, 12:42 PM
We have been there both of those months and its awesome if you aren't traveling with school age kids(no vacations)however we always execuse our kids from school and you don't really need a fastpass(kiosks were down)My nephew(12then)got on Mission space in 5min.
we waited outside for him and he went right back on:high5:DH and I were sitting/people watching and there was literally nobody in the park(epcot)I was like omg:eyes:
Luckily we've never experienced bad bad weather:rain:
This year we are going in may?idk:shrug: how the crowds are at all:confused::mickey::goofy:
Have a good trip anyways:thumbsup:

crazeedizneefinatic
02-02-2008, 01:25 PM
If your looking to stay away from humid weather don't choose September, it's still very hot and humid that time of year. The past few years we have gone in late September. We used to go the end of October but I think the crowds have picked up than, so we changed. Last year we even were able to pick up the free dining plan. This year we are heading back down September 26th - October 5th.

E-OR
02-02-2008, 01:40 PM
We have been both of those months too. We were there 11/11-18 a few years ago and they had a freak cold front for a couplse of days. We were wearing sweatshirts during the day, which I'm sure is very unusual that time of year. The rest of the time there was great weather. Not so humid, warm enough to swim, but not so hot it was horribly uncomfortable during the day. Last year we were there 10/15-22. There was more rain towards the late afternoons but the days were clear and sunny. We are from the Pacific Northwest and don't do humid heat well. But this was comfortablel for us. There were no crowds for the rides but restaruants were packed. We did make all of our ADR's before we left so did not have any problems. I tried to make a couple changes but could not due to no availability. We loved September and are planning another trip the last week of September this year as well. Good luck and have fun.

KAJUNKING
02-02-2008, 03:46 PM
we are going in sept for the third year in a row and we love that time of year, but it is hot and humid in sept

chrisandmattsmom
02-02-2008, 10:10 PM
We were there from Oct. 21-28, 2006. The first two days we were there it was in the 90's. The rest of the week it was in the 70's. The crowds weren't bad at all. Maybe a 10--15 minute wait on the rides. I have no complaints at all about going that time of year. When we go again, it will be during that time.

crltkcagle
02-02-2008, 11:34 PM
I like going in September! It is hot and humid but since I am from Louisiana I am used to it anyway. The crowds are very light and the wait time are extremly short. It did rain pretty much everyday we were there but only for a few minutes.