PDA

View Full Version : One Restaurant You Cannot Do Without

KAT1811
02-02-2008, 12:04 PM
What is the one restaurant you cannot do without on your Disney trips? :chef: :eat: Please tell us all what restaurant and why you cannot do without it. I am always looking for new things to try but DH and I tend to be creatures of habit. I'm hoping this thread will tempt us so much that we will have to try something new!

It can be a counter service or a table service restaurant.

Natazu
02-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Jym's Top-7 WDW Restaurants we Can't do Without:
7. ‘Ohana
6. Le Cellier
5. Marrakesh
4. Narcoossee’s
3. Kona Café
2. Flying Fish Café
1. California Grill

KAT1811
02-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Jym's Top-7 WDW Restaurants we Can't do Without:
7. ‘Ohana
6. Le Cellier
5. Marrakesh
4. Narcoossee’s
3. Kona Café
2. Flying Fish Café
1. California Grill

Jym does that mean that the California Grill is the one restaurant you cannot do without? If you could go to only one would this be it?

ibrowse17
02-02-2008, 12:19 PM
It would not be a trip to WDW without eating at Liberty Tree, Narcossee's and Trail's End. Not sure which we could not do without, but those are the first places we get ADR's:thumbsup:

Natazu
02-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Jym does that mean that the California Grill is the one restaurant you cannot do without? If you could go to only one would this be it?Only go to one...? I don't know what you mean ;)
Yeah, it would be California Grill. Service, atmosphere, food quality, menu creativeness, wine list... it's all first rate, every time, no matter what. Plus, we feel at home there. Staff members come by just to say hi, they know our names and what we drink (which is a little creepy actually). I can't imagine a trip to WDW without at least one visit to CG (our record is four).

jefmblrd
02-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Mine would be California Grill hands down.

1. The food is the best I've ever had at WDW.
2. The sushi is simply incredible. They have one of the top sushi chefs in the world.
3. The view of Magic Kingdom, especially during Wishes, is not to be missed. Plus going out on the observation deck is fantastic.

Jared
02-02-2008, 12:50 PM
It's way too hard to choose just one restaurant! There are just so many delicious options.

But, since you asked, if I could only have one Disney meal, I'd probably go to Boma for dinner.

:tasty:

PirateLover
02-02-2008, 12:52 PM
We always must do Liberty Tree Tavern :)

pixiegoose
02-02-2008, 12:54 PM
There are many places we've yet to try at Disney World (and we would like to try them all at some point) but for us, Coral Reef is a must-do every time. :mickey:

joanna71985
02-02-2008, 01:01 PM
That's a really hard question. But there are 3 that I absolutely can NOT do without. I do them at least once every trip:
CRT lunch
LTT dinner
CP lunch/dinner

I do CRT every year for my birthday. I love the food at lunch, and I love eating in the castle. I love LTT's food, and also the interaction. Plus it's great being served at the table. I love the food at CP. Especially the mashed potatoes.:D

slegrant
02-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Here are my top two restaurant's for breakfast and dinner

Trails end at Fort Wilderness-great food & atmosphere

Kona Cafe at the Polynesian-wo words- TONGA TOAST

Dinner

California Grill - Hands down the best, and if you can get Ryan for your server your experience will be even better

Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian- Family tradition- food is incredible

I am now hungry, great thread !! I could talk about this thread for hours, there are so many great places to eat all throughout Walt Disney World.

CAS
02-02-2008, 01:05 PM
I would have to say San Angel Inn for dinner and Kona Cafe for breakfast. We love California Grill and Victoria and Alberts, but we don't go there nearly as often. Gets pricey ;)

Polynesian Dweller
02-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Choosing One: Narcoosees, atmosphere, food and love the walk back to the Poly so best overall experience

SBETigg
02-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Only go to one...? I don't know what you mean ;)
Yeah, it would be California Grill. Service, atmosphere, food quality, menu creativeness, wine list... it's all first rate, every time, no matter what. Plus, we feel at home there. Staff members come by just to say hi, they know our names and what we drink (which is a little creepy actually). I can't imagine a trip to WDW without at least one visit to CG (our record is four).

California Grill. I agree. I only wish they knew me to say hi by name and bring my favorite wine, but my favorite wine changes on a regular basis so... oh, getting carried away here.

Yes, definitely California Grill. For all the reasons Jym mentioned, and add for the breathtaking views. And sushi as mentioned by Jefmblrd.

SgtTigger
02-02-2008, 01:32 PM
I have a tie........

One is Ohana

Great food, great place, and to be able to look out on the Lake and see the castle in he distance this place just has it all..........

The other is Trails End Buffet

I love the food you can get what you want and you can go there for Breakfast. It is located in the Fort Wilderness Campground right next to the Wilderness Lodge which is where we stay at. I love to walk around and then hop a boat back to the lodge.

:cop: :tigger:

jpH/keD
02-02-2008, 02:45 PM
We always do Chef Mickey's for dinner but we have little kids who need their Mickey time!!

Last trip we LOVED LeCellier!! We will do a repeat on that one too! :thumbsup:

princessimagineer
02-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki in Japan is a must

princessjojo
02-02-2008, 08:03 PM
We HAVE to do 'Ohana every trip. We do like Chef Mickey's too though.

Hopefully after our trip this June though, I will be able to add a couple of must do's to the list.

Hull-onian
02-02-2008, 08:05 PM
What is the one restaurant you cannot do without on your Disney trips? :chef: :eat: Please tell us all what restaurant and why you cannot do without it. I am always looking for new things to try but DH and I tend to be creatures of habit. I'm hoping this thread will tempt us so much that we will have to try something new!

It can be a counter service or a table service restaurant.

Tusker House was always a must go to. But now they changed it. So we go to Boma.:eat::tasty:

GrmGrninGost
02-02-2008, 10:22 PM
We love a lot of them, but the one we never miss is Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner! It may not be the best food on property, but something draws us back there every trip! :mickey:

Sylvia
02-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Table Service - 50s Prime Time - Every visit is an adventure and we have many happy memories.

:eat: :yay: :eat:

Counter Service - Any Resort location offering Mickey waffles for breakfast - no explanation required here.

:eat: :yay: :eat:

jedi jen
02-03-2008, 01:43 AM
Cali Grill does it for me.

DD and DS love Garden Grill. So we vote for the Grills. :)

busterthebronco
02-03-2008, 01:23 PM
goofy's candy store at DTD and make our own treat!
does that count?:blush:

LudwigVonDrake
02-03-2008, 03:24 PM
I must ALWAYS eat at 'Ohana and the 50s Prime Time. My WDW trip would not be complete without them :eat:

Kairi_7378
02-03-2008, 03:52 PM
CA Grill. I don't need to see the fireworks... but the food is spectacular!

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-03-2008, 04:05 PM
I have to say 2 restaurants.

Biergarten - I like the food. I always get a liter German beer. :beer:The atmosphere is great and I really enjoy the band. More cow bell!

O'hana's - Again great food. Fun atmosphere. Also you can't beat the view. I love watching Wishes from the restaurant.

KathyMJ
02-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Kona Cafe for both breakfast (Tonga Toast) and dinner (Filet Mignon)!:tasty:

irish1967
02-03-2008, 05:21 PM
I cannot do without the food court at the resort (need coffee to face the day!)

My favorite restaurant is Kona Cafe - but will not be going there in July (other tastes to keep happy) I made it there in January so I am not too upset!

AbeeNormal
02-03-2008, 06:02 PM
For me it would be the Yak & Yeti restaurant - It's the smells that loft from this place as you pass that makes you feel like you have to go inside and eat, and you do. I love the Honey Chicken. :chicken:

DisFan01
02-03-2008, 06:07 PM
The San Angel Inn Resteraunt at the Mexico Pavillion. Great! :thumbsup:

Crow
02-03-2008, 10:12 PM
this has changed over the yrs for me
Akershus used to be a fav for $ & hot & Koldbort..but its changed so its off my list.
on the DDP i finally tried CA Grill, have eaten there twice & love it....actually the entrees i dont like as much as the sushi.
Artist Pt is a fav also, ive done it a few times
Le Cellier ive liked, but i skipped it last trip & dont think its quite as good now

sometimes my fav 1 or 2 change, as ive had good & only so so meals at places.

illini
02-04-2008, 01:23 AM
Based on food, 'Ohana hands down.

DH is currently planning a trip to the beach. I now need an 'Ohana fix and think I'll have to hijack his plans. YUM!

January-2007
02-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Our new restaurant we won't not go to is 'Ohana for dinner. We like both the morning and evening meals there, but dinner there is incredible. Add the views, it's a must go to for us!

TheMartellFamily
02-04-2008, 10:36 AM
You said one but there are three that I am going to give. The first one is O'hanas, the next is Le Cellier, and the last is Chef Mickeys.

Mackflava99
02-04-2008, 12:14 PM
We just love the steak sandwich and onion rings....-
Its worth the visit-

SurferStitch
02-04-2008, 12:21 PM
We have several that we can't do without....

But.....

#1 - Without a doubt - Narcoossee's. Won't do a trip to WDW without it.

luvdiznee
02-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Wow, only one. WCC, Olivia's and LTT just to name a few. :mickey:

MissT
02-04-2008, 12:38 PM
California Grill hands down. We love fireworks viewing from the deck & the food is outstanding!!!:number1:

Disney Doll
02-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Every trip we MUST eat at Ohana and have a ham & cheese croissant from the pastry shop in France.

Cookie123
02-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Each trip I absolutely cannot do without ....

The Sci Fi Diner at The Studios.
The food is good, but ...
I absolutely love the atmosphere !

poeticeclipse
02-05-2008, 11:09 AM
'Ohana - Love everything! With the new changes though... i'm a little scared.

Le Cellier - This is a new 'must-do' for us. I'm officially a follower.

Pizza Planet - I love Toy Story and I can't imagine a trip without some greasy Pizza Planet pizza.