PDA

View Full Version : Food Extras?

vamaggie
02-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Ok, still trying to figure this whole cruise thing out! :blush: I know that meals (b,l & d) are included in the cost of the cruise but I have read different info about other stuff. Are "snacks" included in the cost? What about non-alcoholic beverages? Is room service an add'l charge ( for ex if you opt not to do breakfast at the restaurants but stay in your cabin) Does the Palo upcharge include wine/alcoholic drinkns or are they add'l as well? HELP!!! Any info you all can provide about what to budget for add'l food would be great and will help me try to convince DH!!!

Trakar
02-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Food, snacks are free. Don't know about room service. All alcohol is charged, not free. You can get free non alcoholic beverages on one of the decks and your own refills.

TammiMcMan
02-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Just about all of the food purchased on the ship is included. You can eat in the restaurants, room service or counter service and the only additional charge is the tip for room service. The only area that charges for snacks is outside of the theatre.

The upcharge at Palo is considered part of the tip only. Any alcohol that's purchased while dining there, will be added to your bill.

Sodas/juices/iced tea/lemonade are free with your restaurant meals and there's also a free refillable drink station located on deck 9.

Coffee drinks inside the Cove Cafe are charged. Smoothie drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) served deck side are charged.

vamaggie
02-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the info!! Helps me plan/convince DH

DisneyDudet
02-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Also, sodas ordered by room service cost extra as well.

TammiMcMan
02-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Also, sodas ordered by room service cost extra as well.Yup. Only free with restaurant meals and at the refillable drink station on deck 9.

vamaggie
02-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Yup. Only free with restaurant meals and at the refillable drink station on deck 9.

So if I order room service with sodas, I get charged for the sodas. But if I order room service w/o drinks and head up to Deck 9 and refill my own it's free? Sorry to sound dense but this is all new to me.

TammiMcMan
02-04-2008, 08:16 AM
So if I order room service with sodas, I get charged for the sodas. But if I order room service w/o drinks and head up to Deck 9 and refill my own it's free? Sorry to sound dense but this is all new to me.It can definitely be confusing. You are correct though. If you order soda through room service, you'll incur a charge. You can bypass that, by getting your drinks from the station on deck 9 and just tipping for the room service food delivery.

tarzan_rocks
02-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Also, sodas ordered by room service cost extra as well.

Is that just sodas or all drinks? What if I order milk and cookies at bedtime? What if I order breakfast with orange juice?

tr

TammiMcMan
02-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Is that just sodas or all drinks? What if I order milk and cookies at bedtime? What if I order breakfast with orange juice?

trI know that juices/coffee/milk definitely didn't cost anything with breakfast room service. Not that you had too many choices anyway. Unless you're staying in a suite, you'll have one of those order forms that you hang on your door the night before. It's really just a choice of deluxe continental items.

'm fairly certain that as with breakfast, those particular beverages would be at no charge. Hopefully someone here knows for sure.

AbeeNormal
02-04-2008, 01:43 PM
I just cruised in January and for us there was no charge for juice. My DH would go up to deck nine get a tray and bring back a bunch of stuff to drink and we would just keep the drinks in the fridge in our cabin. It was great.

Bon Voyage:cloud9:

TheDuckRocks
02-07-2008, 11:35 AM
We ordered iced tea from room service with our lunch - NO charge, just the tip that we kept dollars for in the safe. Also try the oatmeal raisin cookies from room service, if you like them - they're great!:tasty:
Unforuantely I also found out that there are 3 places on deck 9 to get food all afternoon - pizza, ice cream, wraps, fruit, chili tacos, bags of potato chips, etc. And I wonder why I gained weight?:scale:
The one thing I did find strange though was that there was not any popcorn or cokes available (even for purchase) at the Buena Vista movie theater.:popcorn:

ElenitaB
02-07-2008, 10:38 PM
There's movie candy for sale outside the Buena Vista Theatre and also via room service (for a charge).

Also, in answer to the question re: milk with room service... there is no charge. We got room service every night and cookies and milk were part of our order. Bad habit and one that we've sorely missed here at home! ;)