PDA

View Full Version : BetterTime to go - April or September?

Genie1953
02-02-2008, 01:34 AM
Hi everyone...have a few questions! :confused:

Can anyone tell me what is the better time to go to Disneyworld...the first couple of weeks of April or last couple of weeks of September?

How does crowd size compare between the two?

Which time of the year are you more likely to find discounted rooms, free dining plan, etc?

What is the weather like at these times of the year. Which has the greater chance of bad weather such hurricanes?

What are the normal or usual temperature ranges for each?

Our last trip was the very end of September into the first week of October and we ran into the Wine and Food festival so things were a bit crowded. However the weather was nice....we had a shower each day but it did not last long (10-15 minutes) and then the sun was back out. We had thought going a week or two earlier might be better. My birthday is in September so a Disney trip would be nice then but our wedding anniversary is in April so that would be great as well. Any help you all can give me will be much appreciated.

Strmchsr
02-02-2008, 08:31 AM
1.) I don't know that I would say either time is better. Both have their advantages. April is beautiful with the flowers and pleasant weather, but September has the MNSSHP beginning.

2.) Early April will vary with crowd size depending on the timing of Easter. Since Easter is so early this year early April will probably be a little less crowded, but overall early April will be more crowded than late September. The "free" dining special the last few years has increased September crowds a good bit, but it's still going to be a little lower than April.

3.) The "free" dining has only been offered in September. Whether or not that particular discount is offered again no one knows. However, you can bet on something being offered during September. Early April usually does not have a discount. That generally starts more mid April. Check Info Central for historic discounts.

4.) Hurricanes don't happen in April. September is peak hurricane season. With September you can usually count on warm, humid weather with an afternoon thunderstorm each day. April is definitely nicer weather. April has a huge advantage in the weather column - not as hot or humid and no hurricanes.

5.) Once again I would refer you to Info Central here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp) where you can see the exact temps and conditions for the dates you're considering over the last 4 years. That will give you a better idea of what to expect.

WDWRox
02-02-2008, 12:07 PM
1) I've been to Disney both in April and in September. For April, it was late April, past the Easter and Spring Break times and it wasn't too bad at all. But we prefer September, primarily after Labor Day. We did April ONE time, and September every time since then.

2) Crowds for both times of the year are reasonable....until you get to the weekends, of course, then there are longer lines and waits.

3) We've been particularly appreciative of the free dining plan offer made the past few years for those who book between August and October. Since we usually go in September, we're always able to add that onto our reservation.

4) Weather in April was cooler, but still well within acceptable limits for this cold-natured guy and his extremely cold-natured wife. No real hurricane threat in April at all. September, on the other hand, can be very hot, and it's in prime hurricane season.....but we've NEVER had any problems with hurricanes or tropical storms interrupting our trips.

5) Normal temperature ranges, I'm not sure of. I could suggest looking at Info Central here or at the Weather Channel site and comparing it there.

My family and I just love going in September. I would make it within the second or third week of the month since you do get more people coming in for the Wine Festival during that last week.